The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Side Show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2040 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Hi
I am putting together a traveling Side Show together for next year.

The Medicine man, the Con man, (Magician)
Block Head,
Glass eate
I am looking for ideas how to put this together and market it.

Do you have any advice?
Do you know of any clips I can watch?
If you have a side show how does it run?

I am getting a large van my hope is perform from the back of it once I have kitted it out.

What are your thoughts?
Thanks
Mario
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2693 Posts

Profile of sethb
Mario -- I would visit Dr. Wilson's website at http://www.memoryelixir.com.

I think he has/had a Fiji Mermaid and some other good stuff. He is a Café' member and a very friendly and helpful guy. I'm sure he would be glad to give you some advice if you PM'd him. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
Crossroads Mystic
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
496 Posts

Profile of Crossroads Mystic
Get one of Doug Higley’s Zibits.

http://www.grindshow.com/GrindShow/Main_Exhibit_Hall.html

Gavin D.
...from whose bourne,

no traveler returns...

Formerly Mr.Skin

facebook.com/CrossroadsMystic
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
What are you thinking about doing with this? Festival markets? Street performing? Paid gigs? I can suggest having the entire van painted as a sideshow banner, that would give the whole thing a nice appeal.

In the "Believe it or Not" forum there are a couple of sideshow freaks that work the market ... they would probroly have better advice than we would. You might want to snoop around there. I recently posted a video clip there of a guy that stabs a sword through his entire body, but I doubt you would want to recreate that paticular stunt! Here is a thread that lists out all the various sideshow stunts that Café members can think of:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&104

JoeJoe
Watch the Pilot Episode of my new TV Show:As Seen on TV: The JoeJoe Magic Show
Learn JoeJoe's secrets at Magic Joint dot com
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1939 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Check out Doug Higley here in the Café.
Peace,
Parson
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Mario,

I do in fact have a Feejee Mermaid. You would not believe the response that you get out of this if you are a good performer (and you are!). Doug Higley makes some terrific stuff, and has some good ideas about how to get EVERYONE into your exhibit.

I don't really know how a sideshow runs, but it's something like this. You agree with a fair or festival owner on rent or a percentage. When you get there, they either tell you that sideshows aren't allowed, or that you will be charged extra for electricity and trash pickup, even if you don't use electricity. They put you out behind the cow barn while the carnival company that they contracted with runs the midway...

Sorry, it actually works a little better than that sometimes, if you are lucky. The expert in the UK on this is Kondini. See this thread for example:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=23

If I were in your situation, I would approach Ken and ask if you could work one fair with him to learn the ropes. The second best thing would be to draw out a lot of cash for beer and sit him down at a pub with a tape recorder and a lot of blank tape.

You should also poke around at Sideshow World.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Side Show (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL