We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Most Reputable Online Magic Shop (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Kipp Sherry
View Profile
Elite user
Boise, ID
473 Posts

Profile of Kipp Sherry
Another good one is Stevens Magic Emporium. http://www.stevensmagic.com/
What is Kings Fool?
The only business card you'll ever need!
http://www.kippsherrymagic.info
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
I've purchased from almost very shop mentioned and have had good to great experience with all of them. For many "just fun" effects Penguin is good and cheap. Have some great inexpensive kid show items. Hocus Pocus sells a huge selection of more pro type stuff. Denny and Lee is great for just about anything and because Denny was a pro worker for so long he has a great deal of knowledge and more than willing to help and direct an aspiring magician. Unlike many people willing to sell you anything, Denny will actually talk you out of something he carries if he doesn't think it suits your needs or there is a better option. Be careful of what you are ordering from many of the sites in relation to your needs. If it seems too be cheap to be a pro level item..it probably is! You can get a rice bowl from Owen that looks magical and is(and you pay dearly for it) or you can get a rice bowl from any typical online shop and it looks like it came in a TV magic kit. The picture doesn't always tell the story. Just know what you're buying. Thanks to forums like this online Hucksters aren't as prevelant as a few years back but there are still a few out there. Get to know your consumable items like silks, feather flowers etc. You can buy large silks online that for a few bucks apiece that will frey and unravel after a few performances or pay good money for silks that will look new after after hundreds of performances. I don't knock either, they all suit different needs. I prefer to buy from shops where I can speak to someone and get knowledgeable advice about any product I'm not familiar with.
lekin
View Profile
Regular user
Sometimes less is more so I only have
145 Posts

Profile of lekin
I've found Magic Warehouse and Hocus Pocus to be reliable, responsive, and helpful.
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
Being from Ontario, I order almost exclusively from Browser's Den in Toronto, although Morrissey Magic is also excellent. Both shops offer EXCELLENT customer service, reasonable pricing, and ship stuff out as quick as possible. If something new hits the market that I'm interested in, I will email Jeff, owner of Browser's, he will usually go out of his way to bring in the item(s) if at all possible. I've also ordered from Penguin, and received nothing but great service. I have yet to try Black Tie Magic, from western Canada. They don't usually seem to have in stock what I'm after, but I'm sure would order it in. However, I'm fortunate to have Browser's Den and Morrissey just 2 hours down the road.

smitty
tedski
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
788 Posts

Profile of tedski
Denny and lees.....
neoreform
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of neoreform
I've hade great success with Magic Warehouse and Hocus Pocus and Penguin they seem to be reliable, responsive, and helpful
Alex Linian
View Profile
Inner circle
Peru
1277 Posts

Profile of Alex Linian
I also recommend elmwoodmagic.com
español jeff
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of español jeff
I think this was a good question and I'd pay particular attention to the suggestions. I ordered a dvd from one of the online magic shops (not mentioned in any of the above posts, by the way) and have been waiting to get the dvd for three weeks, now. They've ignored my emails and when I finally called they said that they were "hoping to get it in soon". Extremely frustrating.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4866 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Stevens, Hank Lee, and Denny and Lee are all very good.
español jeff
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of español jeff
MJM Magic still gets my vote - and future paychecks!! Quick, well priced, and very reliable.

Jeff
mikedachuk
View Profile
New user
Oakville, Ontario
9 Posts

Profile of mikedachuk
I have to agree with Smitty. The Browser's Den is an excellent place to buy your magic supplies. And by buying from them you are helping to support an actual brick and morter store. With these days of internet magic shops it's nice to know that you'd be supporting a place where people can go to actually interact with live people with similar interests. Ok /preaching off.

Mike
pasharabbit
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of pasharabbit
http://www.Hocus-Pocus.com gets my vote for first rate service. Placed two orders with them and had no problems. As an earlier post said wide selection and the staff know their stuff. The store talked me out of expedited shipping, telling me they ship fast enough for most people. They do.
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Update...mps is going down the drain... so it's http://www.hocus-pocus.com ALL THE WAY! cant emphasize enough on how good they are! THE magic shop for all your needs!
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
LDM
View Profile
Loyal user
Upstate New York
278 Posts

Profile of LDM
What do you mean by "going down the drain"? How is it getting worse?
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1076 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
I don't know what's going on with MagicProShop. I've had numerous successful and happy dealings with them in the past, especially with Peter, the owner. He was always a pleasure to deal with.

Recently, however, they have not responded to ANY of my inquiries. It's been over a week. I've left messages through their new "ticketing" system and various emails, but have not heard anything! I'm afraid to place an order for fear, it will not go anywhere.

If you know their whereabouts, please let me know as I'd like to place some orders through them.
Gary Dayton
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
542 Posts

Profile of Gary Dayton
Quote:
On 2005-10-13 00:18, itsmagic wrote:
I don't know what's going on with MagicProShop. I've had numerous successful and happy dealings with them in the past, especially with Peter, the owner. He was always a pleasure to deal with.

Recently, however, they have not responded to ANY of my inquiries. It's been over a week. I've left messages through their new "ticketing" system and various emails, but have not heard anything! I'm afraid to place an order for fear, it will not go anywhere.

If you know their whereabouts, please let me know as I'd like to place some orders through them.

That's unfortunate.

Try Frank Starsinic's shop, http://www.theambitiouscard.com/ He has lot's of very high qaulity stuff, a wide range of DVDs and books, and custom props & tricks. The prices are very good (DVDs especially so). Frank is on line here at the Café every day. He's always quick to respond and a really nice guy.

Gary
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Just like to add Howard at The Trickery is for one, excellent at answering questions both on his web site (FAQ) and by email.

And also, I had a minor problem with a gimmick I recently received. I emailed him last night and he replied within 24 hrs stating another item was being promptly delivered to me.

Hard to compete with that!
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
LDM your question has been answered by itsmagic...dealing with mps was great till recently... tracked a package they sent me, it never left the states...asked peter, no emails no nothing (just an email 3 weeks ago saying that all the emails would be answered in a week...and still waiting). and TRUSTING mps (it has been a really GREAT experience in the past), I placed an order after I got the email, it was supposed to be shipped and still it's being processed...

gonna give it two more weeks before filling in a formal complaint!
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
bluemagic
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of bluemagic
RussH
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of RussH
I've used both http://www.magic.co.uk and http://www.magictricks.co.uk. I found magic.co.uk to be pretty slow and expensive. magictricks.co.uk have always despatched REALLY quickly. Also like the jay sankey stuff they're stocking now.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Most Reputable Online Magic Shop (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL