The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Escape Artist Convention this week! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Hope to see many of you there!!!

Kevin & Kristen

The Cannon's Great Escapes 3rd Annual Escape Artists Convention is this weekend. We're looking forward to meeting everyone!

This is just a quick note to let you know, due to popular request, we've decided to offer Saturday Only Passes for $60, for those of you who cannot attend the full weekend available at http://www.cannonsgreatescapes.com/Conv2005_Reg.htm . The Saturday Only Pass does not include the Gala Show on Saturday evening, but tickets can be purchased separately.

On that note, all proceeds from the Saturday evening's Gala Show and Silver Cuffs & Talent Contest Awards Ceremony will be donated to the victims of Hurricane Katrina, who are still very much in need.

If you haven't registered for the convention yet, don't delay, as there will be something there for each one of you; contests, shows and lectures. You don't want to miss out! And, be sure to bring plenty of spending money, because there will be dealers there to please everyone with antique cuffs, Houdiniana, books, escapes, general magic, subscriptions, etc. The dealers are now listed on our website at http://www.cannonsgreatescapes.com/Conv2005.htm . The dealer's tables are sold out!
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
escapologist2001
View Profile
Regular user
Connah's Quay, Wales, UK
127 Posts

Profile of escapologist2001
I've already arrived in California and am really looking forward to it.

Robin
db
View Profile
New user
Db
13 Posts

Profile of db
Any chance that the escape show could be posted live to the internet. You could even make this a virtual show. I would pay to see the escapes that night. I really wish I could have arranged to be at the convention but the schedule would not allow. I am excited about the prospects of an east caost show next year.

Do think about a virtual show or at least an option to view it on delay.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Hey Robin...

Where are you staying in California? are you in Ontario already, or are you near Los Angeles Airport.

I wont be in Ontario until Friday evening, but my job has me very close to L.A.X (the airport here)

Let me know, maybe we could meet early if you are into it.

Cliff
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
escapologist2001
View Profile
Regular user
Connah's Quay, Wales, UK
127 Posts

Cliff - PM'd you.

Robin
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
1832 Posts

We will be in Orange County tomorrow (Thursday). We will get into Ontario Friday about noon. escapologist2001 are you staying at the hotel already?

Kevin & Kristen
Living Illusions

Kevin Ridgeway &

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Deos anyone know what time the festivites actually start on Friday?

Sadly I have just found out I will not be able to meet anyone thursday, due to having to take care of my daughter, but I will arrive asap friday afternoon.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
1832 Posts

Registration is around 5pm. The event kicks off with an Upside down hanging straightjacket escape by Mark Cannon at 6:30. See ya Friday Cliff.

Kevin & Kristen
Living Illusions

Kevin Ridgeway &

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
escapologist2001
View Profile
Regular user
Connah's Quay, Wales, UK
127 Posts

No, I'm staying in Hollywood at the moment. I expect to arrive at about 4PM Friday.

See y'all there (I'm learning the language already!!)

Robin
Nell
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
265 Posts

Profile of Nell
Hope everyone has a great time! I wish I could be there, but alas bookings and production work prevent it...
"A trick may be very good...but...the illusionist must be better than the trick." -René Lavand
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Well, I know I'll be there. Smile
My flight places me in Ontario Thursday afternoon and I am staying at the Hotel.
If you see me please do say; "Hello" - I look forward to meeting many of you! Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
cuffs
View Profile
New user
San Diego, Ca
94 Posts

Profile of cuffs
Hi. I am organizing a trip to the Magic Castle tonight (Thusday).
We will be leaving the Doubletree Hotel in Ontario at 6 or 6:30 to head over to the Castle and the dinner is at 8. You can follow us or come with us. Space may be limited. It will be a great time. Pendragons are appearing tonight. My cell # is 760 931-5397
mark
O--O
Mark Lyons O--O

Collector of Handcuffs from around the World

Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.

Leslie Nielsen Lt. Frank Drebin, "Police Squad"
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
I'm depressed enough about not being able to attend! But, tonight, I've got enough studying to do to keep my mind off the convention. I'm in a certification class for my job, but some of you are aware of the real reason I'm unable to attend the convention (and it's no closer to being solved that I was a month and a half ago when it first started)

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
escapologist2001
View Profile
Regular user
Connah's Quay, Wales, UK
127 Posts

Hope you have a good time at the Magic Castle. Had I realised, I wouldn't have booked a concert at the Walt Disney Concert Hall - though I'm sure that will also be good.

See you tomorrow.

Robin
Mick Hanzlik
View Profile
Special user
Mick Hanzlik
588 Posts

Profile of Mick Hanzlik
Can I just say to everybody, have a great time. Just wish I could be there with you all. Can someone please post some pictures on the web, so I can see what I am missing. Please tell Mark and Sheila "Hi"

I'll do it one year, I am sure!

Regards

Mick Hanzlik
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Profile of Kevin Connolly
Try Joe L's place. He's starting to post about the convention.
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Have a good one guys!!

Sadly I too am stuck at home here in the UK rather than being at the convention. But like Mick I'll get there one year.

Take care, stay safe and have fun.

Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
db
View Profile
New user
Db
13 Posts

Profile of db
Any chance that someone could video the escape show? They could post to a web site for all who could not be there. Since the Proceeds are going to Katrina victims maybe you could charge admiison to see the video. You would give us all who want to be there and can't a chance to see the show and we will all be helping a good cause.

Any chance?
lauher
View Profile
New user
Long Island, New York
51 Posts

Profile of lauher
The convention was a great success.

Mark and Sheila managed to create a wonderful weekend for us all. The buying and selling, the lectures, the contests (yes I participated), the performances were all great, but of the most important thing was simply meeting so many new and old friends from around the world.

I even got to meet Steve Brooks. Hi Steve! What did you think of our crazy weekend?

So thanks from all of us to Mark and Sheila. When are we doing this again?

I should have some pictures up on my web site soon.

cheers
Joe
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Joe,
It was great meeting you at the convention, and yes I had a great time. Looking forward to next year. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Escape Artist Convention this week! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL