The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » New DVD series from OSTERLIND is coming (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
903 Posts

Profile of Phil C
Hi

I own the other 8 DVDs too.
And I refer back to them all the time.
Can't wait for these new ones to come out!

Phil
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2222 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
I have all 8 and there is enough GREAT materila to put a show together just from either of these 2 series.. Can't hardly wait for the new ones. Richard do you sell the bottles for the coin to bottle.
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Gentlemen,

Thank you again so much for all those kind words. I truthfully hope my new DVD's live up to your expectations.

Let me answer a couple of questions. No, I'm sorry but the coin bending routine is not on these. I am keeping that for myself.

The bottles are available as is all my material at our website at: wwww.osterlindmysteries.com

Again, thanks and please let me know what you think of MM2 when it comes out.

Richard
Badger
View Profile
Veteran user
Ireland
384 Posts

Profile of Badger
Richard,

I think your coin bending is the best out there, you should keep it for your self, nevermind what any one else says. you have givin us more then we all need.
thanks so much.

badger
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
I was fortunate enough to attend the shoot and also to see the DVDs. Don't miss these. If you enjoyed Mind Mysteries you'll love these! Richard really has people questioning if they've seen the "real thing" as he knows what is strong, how to play it, and how to maximize a routine. One of the highlights for me is a two phase spoon bending that is just fabulous and "worth the price of the DVDs". It look like the cutlery is literally melting and moving about on its own. There is gem after gem on these DVDs. Highly recommended.

Tim Trono
enigmaticmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle
313 Posts

Profile of enigmaticmagic
From what I have heard of richard oisterlands material, This should not be something to miss. I will look into it...
Scotty Mac
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of Scotty Mac
Richard,

Sorry to hear you won't be making it to Mindvention, but I'm really looking forward to getting the new DVD's. Any demos of Solid Ghost on this series?

Scott
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Quote:
On 2005-10-10 19:48, Scotty Mac wrote:
Richard,

Sorry to hear you won't be making it to Mindvention, but I'm really looking forward to getting the new DVD's. Any demos of Solid Ghost on this series?

Scott

Scott,

The Solid Ghost is the climax of the set. I used it to close the show. Thanks for asking!

Richard
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1119 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
Richard,

Another set? You are keeping me poor... and I wouldn't have it any other way! Thanks for all you do for our art.

Cheers,
Al
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2136 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Bravo Richard! Merci Beaucoup! (a little French from a born New Yorker can never hurt).

Thank you for giving so much, so steadfastly, to the magic/mentalist community.

Each one of your e-books are so well written, so thought-filled and so encouraging.

The quality of your many products are so well made and your suggested presentations so well thought out and expressed.

The high level of care and respect that you show towards your audiences, in your “live” studio performances, that in turn generates in them their quick trust and enjoyment is real a pleasure to watch and also serves as a model for us to consider and to learn from.

Finally, your resolve towards responding so diligently to so many inquiries and concerns, from all branches of the entertainment community, in such a timely, intelligent and articulate manner (especially when one imagines that your 24/7 schedule must be so demanding), is ... well... mind-bending.

To state that all of the above is greatly appreciated is an understatement.

Instead, let me say that (for myself and countless others) your contributions have been, and continue to be, ever-so inspiring and meaningful.

Please continue!

Jonathan

PS: The Osterlind/Sisti team certainly seems like an excellent compliment of skills and interests. If not already posted, it would be interesting to learn how the two of you first met and eventually joined forces.
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7007 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
That would be interesting to know.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Jim Sisti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Connecticut
457 Posts

Profile of Jim Sisti
I guess I'll tackle this.

Both Richard and I are from Connecticut (I still live there; Richard has since relocated to Kentucky.) Being full-time performers in the same geographic area, we knew each other - I even opened a show for Richard many years ago - but really didn't become friends until Richard got his first computer. This was back in the Windows 3.1 days and I became Richard's unofficial tech support guy (and I'm very happy to report that Richard has become extremely computer literate in the intervening years and even replaces CD-ROM drives these days.) Back in the day, however, I would go over Richard's house to exorcise whatever new demon had crept into the hateful Packard Bell machine Richard owned at the time, and then we would have lunch (another little known fact is that Richard is an excellent cook!) and talk magic. Though I was doing mostly close-up in restaurants in those days, Richard still had invaluable tips and ideas from his own days doing walk-around magic and mentalism at one of the hotels along Connecticut's "gold coast." I look back on those days very fondly.

As it unfortunately happens sometimes, Richard and I both had some personal difficulties that kept us out of touch for a couple of years and the next time I heard from him, he had started a new life in Kentucky. During our phone conversation, Richard asked me if I would be interested in helping him put a definitive book of his material together. I was flattered that he had asked me to help him and immediately put the idea to Louis Falanga at L & L Publishing, the publisher of my Magic Menu compilations. Ensuing conversations soon turned the project from a book to a set of videos and the first four volumes of the "Mind Mysteries" series was the result. Richard and I worked on the script, the running order of the effects and the subjects covered in the small interviews used as bumpers throughout the set and in July of 2002, we flew out to Lake Tahoe and shot what was originally going to be three videos (after editing, it was obvious that we would need four volumes to present all of the material.)

At this point, there were really no plans to form a partnership. I just wanted to help Richard get the recognition I felt he deserved and it was exciting to be involved in a video project from concept to realization. However, after we learned that the videos probably wouldn't be out for another year (the first "Mind Mysteries" set wasn't released until the fall of 2003), Richard asked me to help him put together a book on his updated version of Annemann and Hewitt's "Modern Mindreader" routine. So, in the fall of 2002, Richard wrote up the routine and did the illustrations, I did the layout, and we published "The Very Modern Mindreader."

However, since Richard's materials had long been unavailable because of circumstances that are too ugly and bizarre to go into here, we began selling copies of "The Very Modern Mindreader" in amazingly large numbers. Encouraged by this, we decided to form a formal partnership to achieve two aims: to bring Richard's long-unavailable classic material back to the marketplace in updated and improved forms and also to give Richard an outlet to market new ideas and products.

And, by the way, the big book idea of Richard's that started all of this is still on the drawing board.
Johnny_Dee
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of Johnny_Dee
I've really enjoyed the other videos so that should be a great to add those DVD in my collection. My birthday is coming in December so it would be a great gift to ask.
Anyone knows the exact date of the release?

Johnny
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1436 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Badger
View Profile
Veteran user
Ireland
384 Posts

Profile of Badger
Would any of you guys know when these will hit the market???????????
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1436 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
JHEFF wrote in his Newsletter ,I quote :

"MIND MYSTERIES TOO SUBSCRIBERS' SPECIAL PRE-ORDER SALE
Well, Richard Osterlind may have disappeared from the
line-up at Mindvention, but his new set of DVDs will be
appearing very soon from L&L Video. It's the sequel to Mind
Mysteries, one of L&L Videos bestselling DVDs ever! This
will be a 3 DVD set, but packed full of material suitable
for 4 DVDs. I have a bit more info on this set and you can
find that info on my webpage.

In any case, my distributor has just gotten confirmation of
them and given me the go ahead to start pre-ordering them.
I'm not sure exactly when they will be coming out (perhaps
next week?), but L&L's videos for this quarter usually come
out in late October, unless delayed a few weeks like
Richard's Easy to Master Mental Miracles series was last
year."
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1436 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
I quote again JHEFF who says on his Website ( http://www.Jheff.com/jmom.html ) ;

"PRELIMINARY COMMENTS:
Please note that I have not seen these videos yet and this
is just early comments based on info gotten from the Internet.
However, there is no question that this is the sequel to
what is arguably the most popular mentalism DVD series ever!
Though it's only three videos, as opposed to the first set
being four, Richard claims that there's probably the same
amount of material. I don't know the exact contents of this
series, but on a fairly well-known forum, Richard has tipped
that this set will include his Stainless Steel Blindfold,
StenoESP, Very Modern Mindreader, and several items from the
out-of-print Dynamic Mysteries.

In any case, knowing Richard Osterlind's work and L&L's
reputation, I'd be very surprised if this DVD set turns out
to be anything less than a must-have."
DaveS
View Profile
Veteran user
New York
329 Posts

Profile of DaveS
L&L lists the contents on its website:
http://www.llpub.com/zenshop/index.php?m......_id=2254

Dave
We shall not cease from exploration/And the end of all our exploring/Will be to arrive where we started/And know the place for the first time. (TS Elliot)
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2136 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Thanks for sharing your story Jim. It was both fascinating and wonderful to learn how you and Richard hooked up and progress into business together.

I'm not sure if this next question is already addressed on this thread, but please let me know if the new Osterlind DVDs will be be sold directly from your Osterlind mind mysteries site soon?

L & L seems to have already made them available.

I prefer buyuing directly from Richard and you, when possible.

Jonathan
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Ok my question is this I just odred the first set literaly yesterday. Should I wait to absorb these or should I just go ahead and get these as well?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » New DVD series from OSTERLIND is coming (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL