The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Jay Sankey's Leaving Home now on DVD! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
888 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
Hi Everyone.
Can anyone review this product by Jay?
Thanks.

Michael
coinmagic143
View Profile
New user
Annapolis, MD
67 Posts

Profile of coinmagic143
I believe this is his key on string routine, where the key penetrates off and then back on the string visibly. It's a very visual routine. I know he explains it on his Sankey-Tized volumes. There are two volumes to that set, I think it's on the first one but not entirely sure. Cheers,

Bill
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7006 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
It is explained in the Very Best Of Jay Sankey set. It's on vol. 3. However, I think he has added a few new phases to the effect which might be a good thing as it's a bit short. When I do it, I add an extra phase to get a little more milage out of it. Very visual effect. Takes a little work, though.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
This is one of the Sankey's amazing super visual effect that requires a lot of practice to get it right.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
It takes the Williamson Striking vanish, which jay teaches very well.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Yes, I agree totally with you, MagicChris.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
888 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
I already know how to do the striking vanish. Will the routine be easier for me?
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7006 Posts

Yes. It's still a little knacky but if you know the Striking Vanish, you're well on your way. I've only started doing the effect recently but it gets great reactions.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
888 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
What's the patter you use for the effect?
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1077 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
As good as leaving home is, I think that Gregory Wilson's Florida Keys is a better effect.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7006 Posts

I agree with you, Joey, but I am never set up to do it. I made up Leaving Home a couple of weeks ago and I perform it all the time. The patter I use is the puzzle patter: How do you get the key off the string without cutting, etc.

I also have thrown in an extra phase where the key vanishes from my hand and appears back on the string in my pocket. Very easy and makes it a bit more of a routine rather than a quickie.
winstonwolf
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of winstonwolf
Jay Sankey Leaving Home on DVD - well he's released virtually everything else - do you get to see the front and back door methods?
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7006 Posts

LOL!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Jay Sankey's Leaving Home now on DVD! (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL