The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Videos on the invisible pass (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

allanmania
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of allanmania
I think my invisible pass is pretty sharp but wanted just a couple more resources to make it look flawless.

I learned from Richard Koeffman's (sp?) on the pass and from Brad Christian's Ninja 1.

Are there any other places that focus on the invisbility on the pass because regardless of what some magicians say it CAN be invisible. Thanks
Simon Bakker
View Profile
Special user
the Netherlands
587 Posts

Profile of Simon Bakker
Pass with care sounds like a good dvd.
I heared via various sources that its an excellent production, I never saw it myself, though......
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
The best cover for the pass is good misdirection and presentation, allied with good technique. Why would you like the pass to be so physically invisible? Unless you are showing off to the spectators how good your pass is, which doesn't seem like the best magic to me!

Work on the technique, sure, but equally, if not more, important is the correct presentation, misdirection, and timing.

Hope this helps,

Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1484 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
Quote:
On 2005-10-06 06:08, Simon Bakker wrote:

Pass with care sounds like a good dvd.

Pass with care doesn't cover the invisible pass, but only the classic and riffle-pass type of action. (Nice video BTW...)
Jonathan.
artofmanipulation
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
121 Posts

Profile of artofmanipulation
The most invisible classic pass can be done slowly due to the fact that the lower half of the deck will move up to cover the movement of the other half of the deck. Thus done in the most relax and 'quiet' manner. The pass is invisible.

If you are refering to the riffle pass. Then Brad Christian's method of the riffle pass is a lousy source to learn the riffle pass from. This can be justified by comparing his pass with some of the passess executed by magician or in http://www.magicvideodepot.com. Brad's riffle pass will give an effect that the card has pop up to the deck because of some the magician has executed some cool, knuckle busting moves. However, some of the good riffle passess posted on that site will give an effect that the card has simply melted to the top. This is off course due to 2 reason:
1. The speed in which the riffle pass is executed.
2. The minimum movement in both hands when the pass is being executed.
Both of this can be accomplished by practising alot. The good videos on riffle pass will serve as a good bechmark for you compare your own pass and some of the better ones out there. However, practising will not neccessary guarantee result. This is where technique and method come into place. There will be a possibility that by utilizing Brad's method, one will never reach the level of true invisibily. Some of the really invisible riffle pass utilizes the Fred Robinson's method. If one were to make the comparison between the pass taught in Ninja and Mr. Robinson's technique, one will realize immediately the flaws in Brad's method.

The following are the differences that I have noted:
1. Brad's method required a really large break as he teach to stick the entire pinky finger in the deck.
2. Brad's method has too many steps before the riffle pass is complete ie move the upper half away, pull up the lower half and finnally pull the originally upper half into position so that it is now the lower half. The entire riffle pass encompass 3 steps as mentioned above. However, by the nature of Mr. Robinson's mehtod, the riffle pass only requires the lower half to be pulled up and riffle and the pass is done.

As such, do not dwell too long on the mehtod taught in Ninja 1 or the actual speed to achieve a really invisible riffle pass will not be acquired (by practising / getting use to the wrong method).
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1484 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
I think the original post look for resources about the "invisible pass" which is a specific name for the turnover pass, as published by Hugard and Braue (well, I think...)

Jonathan.
allanmania
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of allanmania
As a matter of fact I love the riffle pass. It's one of those moves you get proud of.

Oh and Brad teaches a great invisible pass but I still think the riffle pass can be done a lot better. Thanks

Thanks for the replies.
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Just a note to Cafér's regarding the identity of ellusionist "Invisible Pass".

It's a dip pass, that's all(not riffle or any other unless they've changed their naming conventions).

Takes deck from perpendicular to floor and necktied, dipped down to parrallel and the top facing the audience in a dip, to cover anything.

And yes it can be invisible due to the dip which hides all movement of the deck(however the dip itself is a tell...)

You can use it once or twice if you are getting burned, but I'll still stick with a classic pass on an off-beat or an alternative to the pass over doing this more than once for an audience... the dip if done repetetivly is a huge tell that something happened.
Paul Hughes
View Profile
Regular user
UK
123 Posts

Profile of Paul Hughes
Get Richard Kaufmann's "On the Pass" - I think its now available on DVD - some of the best methods of passing the deck you can find (inlcuding the Invisible Pass)
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2005-12-23 12:32, Paul Hughes wrote:
Get Richard Kaufmann's "On the Pass" - I think its now available on DVD - some of the best methods of passing the deck you can find (inlcuding the Invisible Pass)

I was reviewing Richard Kaufman's On The Pass the other day for his routines on A Bidding Vanish and False-Cut Ace Cutting. I am pretty certain that Richard does not teach Invisible Pass in this video/dvd. Paul, do you know any other IP teaching video out there?
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1569 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
I agree with Daegs, the classic pass is hard to beat when it comes to passes
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Well then what is the End all Be all of pass DVDs I have only reviewed the pass through Simon Lovell and The Pass Book. Now I want to see some DVDs on this. So a quick poll what are some of the best ones out there?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Videos on the invisible pass (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL