The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Best Illusion?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Marshall Thornside
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2016 Posts

Profile of Marshall Thornside
We all have opinions. There are critics out there. Just like the music industry. There will always be a best illusion or worst or whatever. BUT an illusion that was done 50 years ago with gracefulness that can be done in the same fashion today that's something else. There’s so much technology that it is impractical. You know that the average person cannot afford it nor do these illusions in the average places.

As far the best illusion you are performing. That is great if you feel it’s the best. Because it takes lots of practice to achieve a really good feeling about the way you are performing it. Presentation is the key to anything.

I have seen many of the old classics and new ones. And there is no best. I have a lot of favorites. But I still say my favorite is one I have never done.

Although I have an unfinished LBC that will never be finished, I find it to be a wonderful illusion. I have seen the original from the Blackstone Sr. show, and it was perfected by the best and even though I am partial because of it. It’s a classic done by uncle Harry’s dad. And though uncle Harry, Mark, Doug, and a couple other have the same one they have a very special LBC, made by the best. I wonder what ever happened to them?
:
you will remember my name

World's Youngest Illusionista
7th greatest pianist in the world
Go Red For Women and Stroke Ambassador
www.mai-ling.net
THOMAS BELL
View Profile
New user
TENERIFE,CANARY ISLAND,
4 Posts

Profile of THOMAS BELL
I quite agree with Marshal Thornside and his opinion of David Blaine. Since I first saw him I thought “what a condescending hypocrite”. He and that idiot from the titanic movie criticized illusionists just because Blaine hasn’t got the pizzazz on stage to put an illusion over.

If he is so much into magic he should love every part of if, i.e., illusions, mental, children’s magic, escapology, etc. instead of just close-up. He is narrow-minded and shouldn’t be called a magician. Tom [not a fan and never will be of David (dunce) Blaine].
Smile
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4866 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
I loved Doug Henning's "Bumps in the Night" which he performed on TV and I also saw it live in Boston. The music, dancing, and the unexpected surprise of Henning becoming the center "bump" at the end was astonishing. It was great magic and great theater.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Best Illusion?? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL