The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Funniest TV commercials (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
My latest favorite is the Mitsubishi Truck that is so intimidating, the truck it faces off against 'Pees'.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2005-10-07 19:05, Scott Cram wrote:
My newest favorite is this ad.

that's a good one. The one with the super heroes responding to the woman who's lost her American Express checks is good too!
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
My favorite needs a little explanation. Years ago, they used to advertise cigarettes on television. One of the ads had a flatbed truck driving by people with characters in the back holding up a sign reading "Show us your Lark!" And people would hold up packs of Lark cigarettes while the background music played "The William Tell Overture" (aka, The Lone Ranger Theme).

Hold that thought.

The scene opens on a party. The camera passes all the people and focuses on the kitchen door. The door bursts open and a gurney is pushed out with a sign that reads; "Show us your Geno's Pizza Rolls" And, they start playing "The William Tell Overture" with lyrics about Geno's Pizza Rolls! The gurney passes everybody in the party and each one of them has a package of Geno's Pizza Rolls in his pocket. A distinguished gentleman is shown passing up fancy hors devours in favor of the pizza rolls. Finally the gurney reaches the other end of the room and the crew is congratulating themselves on a commercial well done.

A man with a pack of Lark's appears and says; "I want to talk to you about that theme music you're using."

*Wham!* A HUGE hand comes down on his shoulder, the camera pulls back to reveal the Lone Ranger, he looks down at the Lark guy and says; "Funny, I've been meaning to talk to you people about the same thing!" And it really was Clayton Moore, before the mask/sunglasses problem, with Jay Silverheels behind him!
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
I liked the American Express commercial several years ago:

A man's in an airport trying to buy a ticket to Paris. He's over his credit card limit so he has to find an ATM, rush back to the counter, run to the gate, and throw his suitcase into the overhead compartment.

After landing he opens the overhead compartment, his suitcase falls out, hits him in the head, and knocks him unconscious.

He is revived by airport officials who have a placard with English / French phrases so that he can communicate with them. He tries to point to the phrase "I need a doctor" but gets the one next to it, "I am a spy."

"Je suis un espion."

"Vous et un espion?"

"Oui, je suis un espion."

He's whisked away to prison, dressed in the traditional black-and-white horizontal stripes with a ball-and-chain shackled to his ankle.

There is a prison break. He hobbles out, carrying the ball.

A tourist couple from the US sees him hobbling down the sidewalk. The husband turns to his wife and says, "I'll never understand French fashion!"
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
There was a beer commercial that featured John Scarne doing card tricks. I think it was for Ballantine, but I'm not certain. One of only two times I ever got to see Scarne work! (The other was on the Dinah Shore show where he showed the pass. Technically he exposed it as he turned a card face up in the middle of the deck and brought it to the top by the pass, but he didn't show the actual handling and NOBODY could see a thing except this card suddenly appear on top of the deck!)

When I do the pass, it looks like a guy using both hands to cut the deck! That's why I use the Blackstone from Hay's Handbook!
Bill
View Profile
Veteran user
and Pretty Nice Guy
373 Posts

Profile of Bill
You guys are forgetting Trunk Monkey by Suburban Auto Group. Funniest commercials on the planet. If you're a trunk monkey fan check them out here:

http://www.trunkmonkey.com/content/category/4/68/51/
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
I saw those on TV a few months ago and I had no idea what they were advertising. Do they really sell trunk monkeys?
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Quote:
On 2005-10-22 11:22, mandrake01 wrote:
There was a beer commercial that featured John Scarne doing card tricks. I think it was for Ballantine, but I'm not certain. One of only two times I ever got to see Scarne work! (The other was on the Dinah Shore show where he showed the pass. Technically he exposed it as he turned a card face up in the middle of the deck and brought it to the top by the pass, but he didn't show the actual handling and NOBODY could see a thing except this card suddenly appear on top of the deck!)

When I do the pass, it looks like a guy using both hands to cut the deck! That's why I use the Blackstone from Hay's Handbook!

Keep an eye out for an episode of Mr. Ed where Wilbur's next door neighbor gets scammed by a group of con men. The leader con man is John Scarne!
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
It's an old ad for a mobile company here in lebanon, shows Bill clinton sitting on a chair...a voice over starts giving commands...stand up bill (he stands up) sit down...up down up down....Introducing Libancell's bill control.... (having a bill limit/control) that ad acutally won a Cresta award! hilarious!
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2005-10-22 20:04, Scott Cram wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-10-22 11:22, mandrake01 wrote:

Keep an eye out for an episode of Mr. Ed where Wilbur's next door neighbor gets scammed by a group of con men. The leader con man is John Scarne!

I recall seeing that episode somewhat recently. Mr. Ed sticks his head through the wall and helps Wilbur cheat the cheats.
Jerrine
View Profile
Special user
Busking is work.
629 Posts

Profile of Jerrine
Don't know the product, so how effective was the ad, but some guy is trying to schmoose his way through a job interview and keeps referring to the boss whose company is named after him as Mr. Dumbass. Final line is the boss who says, "It's Dumass."
Ray Ouellette
View Profile
Regular user
Ottawa, Canada
114 Posts

Profile of Ray Ouellette
The Burger King commercials, although the "King" is kind of creepy, the newer NFL ads are very funny. Here is one:

http://www.dhadm.com/mediaHolder.php?id=101#
"Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice"
Eric Rose
View Profile
Regular user
Franklin, IN
160 Posts

Profile of Eric Rose
I like the Dairy Queen Flamethrower ad where the guy's sandwich catches his office on fire.

Wish I could find a link to include it here.

Oh, and Ray, I thoroughly agree that the King in the BK ads is creepy. If that was sitting next to me when I woke up I'd need even more therapy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Funniest TV commercials (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL