The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Best cups for medieval event? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
padre rich
View Profile
Special user
517 Posts

Profile of padre rich
I have used he above method to remove the lacquer and epoxy from Church Chalices dozens of times. I really wouldn't fool around with chemicals and witches brews.It's really not hard to polish them. You can make just about any grinder motor into a polisher.pm me if any of you would like some help to do this.
God's grace rocks! It makes a good cups and balls routine look pretty boring in comparison.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
This solvent Rings and Things used was specific to this finish. You could dip a cup into it for a couple of seconds, and the finish was completely off of it.

That finish was put on with an electrostatic charge and baked.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
padre rich
View Profile
Special user
517 Posts

Profile of padre rich
Sounds like Trichlor- great solvent - bad for kidney function and risk of cancer - I was just told by a friend that it can't be used in L.A. any more .
God's grace rocks! It makes a good cups and balls routine look pretty boring in comparison.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Could be. I think it was a mixture of several solvents. It had a trade name like Hot Shot or something like that. Back in the "good old days" these mixtures like Trichloroethane, MEK and acetone, were fairly common. But normal paint remover wouldn't even touch this stuff.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Best cups for medieval event? (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL