The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » What is ur plan on this year HALLOWEEN?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
"On a grammatical note, how the blazes does one get the pronunciation "Sow-n" out of a combination of letters like "Samhain?" Please don't tell me it's an Irish thing -- I'm part blarney and I don't get it."

Danged if I know! I can't figure out all that Celtic stuff, anyway.
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
carldourish
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of carldourish
I will be performing for 8 evenings at the famous Dover Castle war tunnels In Kent, England. The tunnels were used in the 2nd world war, so there is much history for ghosts and hauntings etc.
The event sold out last year. So good hunting

Carl
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Hi Leland, yeah, thankfully most Christians aren't like that, but the extreme-conservative groups are. Many years ago, before I was hitched, a girl I was dating was living with her brother and his wife temporarily, and they had recently converted to one of these sects or churches - I remember all the anti-Halloween literature and Halloween= Satansim propaganda stuck on their refrigerator, and all over the house, and it really made me uncomfortable. So, yeah, they're out there.
Interesting, I've heard of ambivalent, never just "bivalent".
To me, it seems odd not to celebrate and show appreciation for nature, and the many other things on this earth, I don't' see that as idoltry, just .. well, appreciation Wwhatever.

Napolean to the rescue again, eh ?, He helped to save the Sphinx and revive Eygptology too, sounds like he had a bit of an occult interest perhaps ?

Beats me how ya get sow-ween out of Samhain. But then, most foreign languages seem to break the rules to me.
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1945 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Well, I think we are all bizarrie must remember,kids loves halloween too. Not only us. The plastic skull will the best than the real scary one for them, what you think fellows?
And maybe for the adults Halloween show, Mr. Black Hart is the best...
I think it is all depending on who celebrate the halloween. The we can decided to use the PLASTIC GLOW IN THE DARK SKULL OR THE REAL SKULL.
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
Quote:
On 2005-10-09 20:14, Mystician wrote:
To me, it seems odd not to celebrate and show appreciation for nature, and the many other things on this earth, I don't' see that as idoltry, just .. well, appreciation Wwhatever.

Agreed! Christianity celebrates and appreciates nature, as it should be...since God Himself declared creation "good." Sounds to me like an invitation to enjoy!

It seems to me, however, that idolatry is a matter of misplaced praise. If I might use a personal analogy, I enjoy building things -- forgive my boasting, but I am capable of replicating 17th C. architectural hardware that, short of metallurgical analysis, would pass as authentic. Imagine if someone were to look at such a freshly-forged piece and say, "What a remarkable example of ironwork! This is stunning, this is...blah, blah, blah..." and they never said a word about the smith. I'd be disappointed, ticked off, and so on. That is, I think, the very crux of idolatry...admiring creation without acknowledging its Creator.
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1904 Posts

Profile of chmara
I am looking forward to a dead halloween.
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
Lord of Illusion
View Profile
Veteran user
Has his enemies stuck on
310 Posts

Profile of Lord of Illusion
Well, I have the Houdini Seance, plus my usual round of "other seances"

Busy,busy, busy!

OH! And I'm doing some Nursing Homes! (Oh, shut up! LOL)
Edward Wolfgang Poe,

The Necromancer of the South
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Traditional (for us)16mm film show at the apartment.

Cartoons and 'House Of Dracula" on the Big Screen.

But, I'm by Proxy at Haunts across the US since they use my Haunted Voice Trax CD in the Queue lines.

Have a great one all!
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
ranpink
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
252 Posts

Profile of ranpink
I will be performing music and then mentalism at Cinespace in Hollywood.

http://www.fonogenic.com/events
My Band REMOTE goes on at 9pm to kick off a night full of music and magic.

any mentalist or magician who wants to come PM me and I'll put you on the guest list.
Creator of CUT

T-REX

Abnormal Behavior

ZEN SYSTEM

tāctilis

White Room

Think Pink - Central Intelligence

http://www.worldwidemagic.com
Wayne Hackler
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of Wayne Hackler
My wife and I will be having our annual kicking Halloween party, during which there will be a half hour dark show put on by me. Most of our guests in fact requested this specifically.
Dan Mindo
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
125 Posts

Profile of Dan Mindo
Mystician writes:

"Many years ago, before I was hitched, a girl I was dating was living with her brother and his wife temporarily, and they had recently converted to one of these sects or churches - I remember all the anti-Halloween literature and Halloween= Satansim propaganda stuck on their refrigerator, and all over the house, and it really made me uncomfortable. So, yeah, they're out there."

That reminds me, some years back when I first began dating my wife we went to her sisters house for easter sunday. Her sister's husband and his parents were very conservative christians. At the time I was studying with Eugene Burger and everything I was working on was rather dark. After dinner I was asked to perform. Well each piece was darker than the next. When I performed the last piece the mother's eyes almost rolled back into her head and she was practically speaking in tongues. The table went silent. I had never experienced anything quite like it. It still makes me smile when I think of it.

It's probably a good thing I did not perform my version of The Philosophers Stone ...... she may have stabbed me with a table knife.

As to the subject of this thread, I will be going to see David Parr's "Haunting History" at the Lake Shore Theatre in Chicago.

Best to all,
Dan Mindo
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
I shall not be "performing", but rather attempting to channel the energies of the evening into an appropriate manifestation of an evidentiary expidition into the realms we ignore on most days!
AH! who am I kidding, I plan to have some fun with the classes I have to teach on the 31st (First Aid...)

On the odd pronounciation of letters, Actually I blame the Welsh! when the name Featherstonehowe is pronounced "Fenshaw", one must object to payment of the scribes by the letter!
Then again the Anglo-Saxon way of making a G sound like a Y, and the Latin/spanish ll, or J=Y sound, <shrug> as long as folks know what you mean!
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1420 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Make the most of it this year. Interest in the paranormal and the supernatural are at an all time high these days. A little bit goes a long way in this field.

:bat:

:fear:

;)
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3825 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Every year, I offer my daughter the Halloween evening.
This year the theme will be "ghost stories". Every guest must tell a story and make the others chill. The simplest, the best.
triadsong
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, NY
170 Posts

Profile of triadsong
Taking the day off for what is truly important...spending time with my wife and six year old daughter!
Enjoy!
Vinny
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » What is ur plan on this year HALLOWEEN?? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL