We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Favourite effects from Card Zones by Duffie and Sadowitz (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1977 Posts

Profile of Daren
I have recently ordered this book and cannot wait for its arrival. What are your fav routines from this book? Can you briefly describe the effect of your fav routines from this to me?
Ed Oschmann
View Profile
Special user
Lake Worth FL
955 Posts

Profile of Ed Oschmann
Day Tripper (Duffie)- Card to Pocket
The More Things Change (Sadowitz)-A 'Travelers' type routine
Come Together (Sadowitz)- An Oil and Queens like effect.
Lots of good stuff to discover. Have fun!
Ed
Amazing Samdini
View Profile
New user
Calabasas, CA
66 Posts

Profile of Amazing Samdini
I just received the book (along with Sadowitz's Cards On The Table)and am having fun going through it. I love Jerry Sadowitz's stuff. The technique for the Cover Shift (p. 170) and the routine using it called Monkey Feathers (p.171) caught my eye.
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Having seen Jerry 'perform' a few times (in more ways than one! Smile ) I am a big admirer of his magic too but have often thought that his material would be too difficult even to look at. What difficulty level would you rate "Cardzones" at?
vinkelhaken
View Profile
Regular user
Sweden
179 Posts

Profile of vinkelhaken
Advanced level, and - in my opinion - also a well studied level since there are constant references to other sources, of which knowledge is necessery to fully apreciate the contents in Sadowitz' book.
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Thanks vinkelhaken - thought that may be the case Smile
Bobcat
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Bobcat
This book is fantastic! It collates card material from several Duffie and Sadowitz books. I regularly re-visit this tome and find something usable or worthwhile practising. On the whole, the effects are not easy but there are many that use standard sleights and add new ideas to existing plots. Buy this, then the Walton books and learn some truly orignal and effective card magic that makes you think and will inspire you.
dan84
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of dan84
Ipcress I think it is called is my favourite. Gets very good reactions too
Chris SD
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Chris SD
Sorry guys, I really hate to revive the dead, but I just recently got a hold of this book, and there's ALOT of material in here. Anyone else care to list their favorites?
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Wow, I can't recall the lists of effects. I remembered I enjoyed many of the materials! Perhaps I will go back my home to check out. Smile

Andrew

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
Lukenp
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Lukenp
I like Hofinzser in my pocket, Vendetta, and a few others.
"Be natural"

-Dai Vernon
Canvey Card Sharp
View Profile
Special user
Canvey Island Essex ENGLAND
552 Posts

Profile of Canvey Card Sharp
Roger - be aware of two things.

There are quite a few errors/omissions in descriptions which can be really annoying; especially when you have cards in hand working through an effect. I've had to write countless post-it notes with prompts in my copy of the book.

There are constant referrals to diagrams that simply don't exist; I can only assume that the text was taken word for word from the original books that contained the aforementioned diagrams?

It's really annoying that such a well produced book (its printed on china clay paper and 'feels' a quality book) has these two MAJOR failures within. It's the fault of the publisher Martin Breese though for not having it professionally proof read and tested; not Messrs. Sadowitz and Duffie of course!

The material within I'd rate 7/10 and the book itself 4/10 for the reasons above.
Barry Allen

A Trick....A Smile....Applause
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Favourite effects from Card Zones by Duffie and Sadowitz (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL