The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Three Card Monte (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Montethrower
View Profile
Elite user
a little town in nowhere
422 Posts

Profile of Montethrower
So what do you guys think of the Three Card Monte? Who performs it the best? If you ask me, I really like Sal Piacente.
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
I like Bill Malone's presentation in his "On the Loose" DVDs.
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7292 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Are we taling about ultimate or regular? I don't remember who does the one where at the end they are all queens
sunnydolan
View Profile
Veteran user
Opelika, Alabama
342 Posts

Profile of sunnydolan
I agree, I like Sal Piacente also. I have both his DVD's (one on the 3 shell game and the other on 3 card monte) and I LOVE them both. he is a really good teacher and he really explains things well. Of all the people who perform the 2 card monte, my vote goes for him.
An amatuer practices untill he gets it right, a professinal practices untill he can't get it wrong.

Don't wait for oppurtunity to knock, throw open the door, grab it by the throat and drag it inside kicking and screaming.

Magically yours
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
Have you guys seen the School for Scoundrels DVD on Three-Card Monte?
BobGreaves
View Profile
Regular user
London, UK
152 Posts

Profile of BobGreaves
I have both the Piacnete and Daryl DVDs. Daryl wins hands down. There is nothing wrong with Piacente, but I think that Daryl is in much more depth and gives more routines too. I have also read so many brilliant comments on S4S DVD, they seem to beat even Daryl
Morrell
View Profile
New user
Ft. Worth, Texas
9 Posts

Profile of Morrell
I like Michael Ammar's performance of "Virginia City Shuffle" (Easy to Master Card Miracles Vol. 5). It uses four cards, but the same principle... find the money card. The final phase blows the spectator's mind.
Gary Dayton
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
542 Posts

Profile of Gary Dayton
Quote:
On 2005-10-09 04:57, Whit Haydn wrote:

The School for Scoundrels is the source for 3CM. Their Notes on the 3CM gives history, every possible move, routines, and many other details from experts -- both past & present. The DVD is outstanding. These are the best sources for solid understanding and study of this famous scam. Importantly, there is good discussion and examples on how you can use the art & psychology of the 3CM swindler in your everyday magic. I don't know anywhere else that this is available. Worth every penny.

Gary
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24218 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The School for Scoundrels DVD gives you the real work on the real three card monte. It's not taught as a card trick. It's taught the way it is actually done on the streets.

You will also see valuable insight from Gazzo who knows this scam from the inside.

You won't find this anywhere else.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Center
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Center
The best montethrower I've ever seen must be Gazzo, or maybe Darwin Ortiz. They are both men knowing the moves behind. The School for Scoundrels is the best source. Ask Darwin Ortiz, and he will say the same.

Best
Center
drumdemon420
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of drumdemon420
All I have to say on the matter is that I own At the Card Table by Darwin Ortiz, which has a very good monte routine in my opinion, and I hear Mr. Oritz speaks very highly of the School for Scoundrels material. That is enough to get my taste buds watering.

peace,
the demon
art the magic guy!
View Profile
Regular user
back in the USA, FINALLY!!
159 Posts

Profile of art the magic guy!
SFS is hands down the authority for people that want to learn everything about the game: the psychology, history, the hows, whys, do's don'ts, and so much more. Its definitely more of a "gambling demo" than a piece of magic. Daryl's video is more fot the magician, as it has several packet effects and other handlings that play more for a magical audience. It all depending on how you are going to present the 3CM. I do have Piacente's DVD, and os ok, but will just recommend it to bare bone beguinners. It only has a few moves and not a whole lot else.
I AM AN AMERICAN SOLDIER
I will ALWAYS place the mission first
I will NEVER accept defeat
I will NEVER quit
I will NEVER leave a fallen comrade
----I AM AN AMERICAN SOLDIER----
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
612 Posts

Profile of Philippe
I agree with Morrell, Virginia City Shuffle is good, similar but actually more fun to do than the usual monte unless you get into corner bending.
allanmania
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of allanmania
My friend peformed a 3 card monte in which he had 3 normal cards, bent one end of a card which was an ace, and then moved them around with 2 other normal queens. At the end when me and the spectators chose the bent card it was one of the queens, an ideas on where I can learn this?
Tim Sutton
View Profile
Elite user
Tim Sutton AIMC, London UK
460 Posts

Profile of Tim Sutton
It's taught in the daryl does the full monte dvd, and, I'm guessing, school for scoundrels
Roland78
View Profile
Special user
Torino, Italy
564 Posts

Profile of Roland78
I also like very much the Skinner's version. It's really magical because it's almost safe working, with almost no sleight of hand, and I can concentrate on the plot. The fact is that you don't use sleight of hand, but the spectator thinks you are the best gambler in the world because the transposition of the cards are really unbelievable!
I have done it after a couple of tricks using a regulare deck of cards, and the 2 gimmicked ones where already in the deck. So there was no suspicion about them being gaffed, so no need to switch them after the trick and maximum satisfaction for me ^_^

Davide
theEpiphany
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of theEpiphany
Quote:
On 2005-10-09 04:57, Whit Haydn wrote:

Yet another Vote for Whit and the School for Scoundrels. The Notes are second to none.
-D
artofmanipulation
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
121 Posts

Profile of artofmanipulation
Quote:
On 2005-10-08 23:28, paisa23 wrote:
Are we taling about ultimate or regular? I don't remember who does the one where at the end they are all queens

It's Darwin Ortiz if I'm not mistaken. Saw a clip of him performing the 3 card monte that is available on his website.
ursusminor
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
443 Posts

Profile of ursusminor
Quote:
On 2005-10-10 03:46, allanmania wrote:
My friend peformed a 3 card monte in which he had 3 normal cards, bent one end of a card which was an ace, and then moved them around with 2 other normal queens. At the end when me and the spectators chose the bent card it was one of the queens, an ideas on where I can learn this?

That is the standard Climax/Blowoff in the three card monte.
If you have any interest in learning the Monte, School for Scoundrels
is the way to go!

Bjørn
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them
pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened."
- Winston Churchill"
magicarisimon
View Profile
Regular user
Sherman Oaks
116 Posts

Profile of magicarisimon
If you want the manuscript for it, you can also find it in Vernon's Further Inner Card Secrets. That has the entire routine with the bent card.
Always in Magic,
Ari Simon
Editor of THE THAUMATURGE
www.thaumaturgenews.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Three Card Monte (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL