The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Bookings for new years eve... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zac Vee
View Profile
Veteran user
Traveling the world with
370 Posts

Profile of Zac Vee
Hi all

I am not a regular restaurant worker, but I do get bookings from owners mainly to do a few hours at their venue, and sometimes private parties at restaurants. However, I being asked by a few people to perform at their restaurant/bar for new years eve, I haven't said ok or sorry I can't, because I might be away during that time, but just wondering, what sort of money would you guys charge, for one off gig in a fancy restaurant/bar for New years eve???

Thanks

Zac
peace, love and kindness.. no terms and conditions

1001 Magic Nights Blog
www.kasrani1.wordpress.com

http://www.kasrani.com/
KenW
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of KenW
How long of a gig is it? How many people are attending? How far from your home is the drive? What other entertainment will be working the room? How are your chops?
Zac Vee
View Profile
Veteran user
Traveling the world with
370 Posts

Profile of Zac Vee
Hey... Is a restaurant/bar near to my house, will be some live music band as well, and not sure about how many people , will be full obviously. Hope its clearer now?

1001 Magic Nights Blog

Zac Vee
View Profile
Veteran user
Traveling the world with
370 Posts

Profile of Zac Vee
It doesn't matter if they want me for an hour or all evening, I will charged a fixed price for up to whole night.

1001 Magic Nights Blog

Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
Really?? It would be to your advantage to talk to the owner and figure out how long he wants you to perform before you quote him... I find for new years, double what you usually charge in this type of venue is a good rule of thumb..
Zac Vee
View Profile
Veteran user
Traveling the world with
370 Posts

Profile of Zac Vee
Eric.. I will sure ask him how long he wants me to be there, but it doesn't really makes diiferent because I don't think I will be able to leave the place after few hours and head it to another gig, so I want to make it clear to him, that if I work for him for new years eve, that means I will only be doing that, and cancel other things I might have that night, this way you can charge more. I was thinking of double plus...

Zac

1001 Magic Nights Blog

Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I think it would be best to find out what other guys in your area are charging. It would make quoting a fee a lot easier.
Shawn D
View Profile
Elite user
Hughson,Ca
465 Posts

Profile of Shawn D
I would charge what it is worth for you to do it. If you have other plans but an extra 250 bucks is worth changing your plans then charge 250. If not then charge 500. If they don't except the offer then you can do your other plans and if they except it then great. So charge what you think is worth your time.
there would be nothing worst than you chargeing 100 bucks for the night becasue someone said that's all you should charge and you could have been having a good time somewhere esle on New Years.
Shawn D
steve j
View Profile
Special user
Long Island, New York
559 Posts

Profile of steve j
Usually when I have a show on a holiday I inflat the price based on what I know they can afford, or what they can't depending on whether I want the gig. I have been in a situation where I will get a christmas show, I don't like to perform on holidays cause that is my time with family, so I inflate the price and rarely get it, however if I do then I just got a lot of extra money. As far as how much to inflate the price that is up to you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Bookings for new years eve... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL