The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Sticky tabs for rising cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dan LeFay
View Profile
Inner circle
Holland
1371 Posts

Profile of Dan LeFay
Can anyone point me out where I can find the sticky tabs that are used (for instance) in the Galdini Rising Cards. I can't find them here in Holland (I do not know where/what to ask for). And I do not care for the doublestick tape options.

An internet reference (on-line stationary store?) would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Dan LeFay
"Things need not have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths,
that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes,
and forgot."
Neil Gaiman
benrl
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of benrl
Dan,

Try this link:

Adhesive
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
Contact Martini Magic: marty@martinismagic.com or Martini's Magic.

They make one of the really good Rising Card Decks available.

Regards,

Paul Green
Jonathan Brown
View Profile
Loyal user
Tappahannock, VA
288 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Brown
Try Vellum Adhesive. It is a double sided tape....BUT it is very THIN, almost like a gummy thin layer. We use it at the magic shop on our demo decks for the rising cards as well as NFW, Double Back and anything that uses adhesive on the gaffing. Its used for scrap books, to mount photos and vellum paper, but will realease the pictures without destroying them or being too sticky. Harder pressure and a little burnishing, will result in a tenacious bond on the gimmick, but will still allow easy release of the card attached.

Lets see....

JoAnn

$3.99 per roll and it will last you a life time.

Good luck,
Jonathan
Dan LeFay
View Profile
Inner circle
Holland
1371 Posts

Profile of Dan LeFay
Thanks guys. Appreciated!
Dan
"Things need not have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths,
that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes,
and forgot."
Neil Gaiman
TheMagicOfDamon
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of TheMagicOfDamon
When I bought my rising cards from a dealer when I was a kid I remember the salesman telling me all I had to do was buy masking tape and fold it into a double sided peice of tape.

It works just as recommended. A huge roll of masking tape should last you a lifetiem.
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
548 Posts

Profile of martini
Greetings Dan;
I use a Toupee tape for the adhesives on my rising cards. If you drop me a PM or e-mail with your address, I will send you some for your rising cards.
All the Best
Marty
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Yes, Masking tape is what I use.

Use it as suggested by TheMagicOfDamon.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
euphoria5150
View Profile
Regular user
Russell Jeanneret
110 Posts

Profile of euphoria5150
GLUE DOTS!! They are great!
Theater, cinemas, and literature are all better forums for telling stories or creating drama. Stand-up comedy is better for telling jokes. But magic is unique in creating the Twilight Zone sense of turning a corner and finding yourself on another street, in another town, in another country. Deception is the means to that end. –John Bannon
Gordon
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
692 Posts

Profile of Gordon
You might try a store that sells scrapbook supplies. (This kind of store is common in the U.S., I don't know about Holland.)
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I use 320 grit sandpaper, attached with masking tape. It works great, but you have to make the card rise slowly, otherwise the sandpaper skates across the card. It forces me to allow the suspense to build, making the effect better. I can let the spectator remove the card, because nothing is attached to it.

I use a Devano Deck, with a 5 card gimmick, made by Gary Oisten.
GaryW
View Profile
Veteran user
HSMagic
317 Posts

Profile of GaryW
I haven't tried this yet on my RCD, but on everything else that calls for DST I've opted instead for a dab of rubber cement. Rubber cement has really become my mainstay when needed for this type of application.
Gary Ailes
Hot Shot Magic
www.hotshotmagic.com
ryan8406
View Profile
New user
Elkton, Maryland
88 Posts

Profile of ryan8406
Use toupee tape like marty suggested...it works like a charm.
The Wizards Machine
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of The Wizards Machine
Scotch REMOVABLE double sided tape by 3M. Get it at any craft/scrapbooking store. Make sure you don't get the PERMANENT kind. Removable is a little more; about 4 bucks.

It also works for so many uses. I use it on the back of a Joker in a reg RED bike deck, to make a chosen card go poof. Then quite magically, I take out a BLUE (eh hem more joker work) invis deck and wow, the missing card is turned around and for sure its RED. Knockout.
Matt Watts
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Matt Watts
I am not a fan of the rising card with that method. Henry Evans rising card.It is much easier,I get a lot better reactions,Cheaper in the long run,as well as it wont take much damage.I have ben using the same gimick for over two years now.It is one of the greatest walk arround pieces of magic out there.Highly recomended.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Look into Kundalini Rising by Jeff McBride. I prefer that method over the others. You end 'clean.'
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Sticky tabs for rising cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL