The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Old Movie But Still Great (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
It's an old movie now, but I always loved that epic. I'm talking about "Dances With Wolves." I was able to pick it up for a couple bucks the other day...

The one scene that always sticks in my mind is the scene where they shoot arrows into the "Dumb Guy's" butt. Then they finish him off with a few more in his abdomen. That is so graphic and realistic that I will probably have nightmares tonight.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2317 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
That is a great movie. It runs around 4 hours, and I can never sit that long through anything, but put that tape in the machine, give me 4 hours, and I am set. Smile
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Good work, but some silliness in the script at the beginning of the movie nearly lost it's credibility. It is where Costner asks to be reassigned. Why? His reply is something along the lines of wanting to see the country (i.e. wide open spaces) before it 'goes away'. Almost laughed out loud.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
OLD movie? Good grief. OLD movies are on TCM*...or should I say REAL movies are on TCM ie: pre-80's.

Chessman...there are some other really silly Politically Correct bits of biz as well throughout the movie...overall a decent show though.

*Turner Classic Movies
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Andini
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, OH
685 Posts

Profile of Andini
Was that footnote really necessary?
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
If you meant identifying TCM...actually yes...there are readers in other lands that have asked me in the past what TCM stood for...I guess it's called something else 'over there'*?

*Not here.

:)
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2005-10-10 09:57, Doug Higley wrote:
OLD movie? Good grief. OLD movies are on TCM*...or should I say REAL movies are on TCM ie: pre-80's.

Chessman...there are some other really silly Politically Correct bits of biz as well throughout the movie...overall a decent show though.

*Turner Classic Movies

In today's internet paced world, old is a year or more. Smile
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
I saw this flick once and that was more than enough. In fact it was far, far too much.
I really liked the original much better, but then Little Big Man is hard to top.
In my opinion Costner hasn't made a good movie since Silverado.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Old Movie But Still Great (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL