The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Recent Busking Picks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tom Frank
View Profile
V.I.P.
industrial Strength Magic
493 Posts

Profile of Tom Frank
A pal from the old days, Carl Andrews, was off a cruise ship for the afternoon and took a bunch of pics of my street show at Pike Place Market Saturday.

Busking Pics Click Here
swatchel-omi
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of swatchel-omi
Hey Tom,

Nice photos.

Are those the new pro-line rings you bought ?

How do you like them ?

Joe
Tom Frank
View Profile
V.I.P.
493 Posts

Profile of Tom Frank
Joe,

They are the new rings from Pro-Line. I've only been using the a few days now. They lack the weight I liked from my other big rings. They will take some getting used to, but I'm sure they'll work out fine. I'm not digging the way they make my hands dirty/black from the oxidation but I'll try the armor-all solution that I read about here on the Café.

I'll keep you posted.
Magicpitch
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of Magicpitch
I had the pleasure of watching Tom at Pike's Place on Friday and he did an excellent job. Tom's Ring routine is a thing of beauty and he should be very proud. The solid through solid IS real magic. Beautiful work Tom, great to see you working the street.

I can say that the great clips online do not compare to the live performance.
Trying to do the right thing, one customer at a time!
http://www.magicpitch.com/
We weed out the junk so you don't have to!
Visit our Blog at http://magicpitch.blogspot.com/
Tom Frank
View Profile
V.I.P.
493 Posts

Profile of Tom Frank
That's very nice of you to say. A real compliment. Thank you.

TF
swatchel-omi
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of swatchel-omi
Thanks Tom,

I am considering buying a set, (I'd like a set of Owen's, but I don't want to spend 500.00 unless I'm sure they'll be a permanent part of my act), and since you have lot of experience with the rings, I appreciate your opinion Smile

Joe
Tom Frank
View Profile
V.I.P.
493 Posts

Profile of Tom Frank
No matter whose rings you use, they will only be as good as you are. We use the tools of our trade. Any product can be nit picked and discussed into the ground. The fact of the matter is, most props do a fine job.

I've used many sets of rings and cups for that matter through the years, and the bottom line is. . . . they all worked.

I enjoyed working with the Pro Line Rings this last weekend. I look forward to working with them for years to come.

TF
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Tom-

Great Pics-Thanks so much for the previous posts & video clips of you performing-Really enjoy watching your shows-You cant beat live outdoor magic for true entertainment

Especially when performed well by yourself!!

Your Legend Grows my friend!!!!!

Cellini who!!!!!!
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello:

Speaking of rings, I just ordered a set from Auke van Dokkum in Europe. I needed an oversize and locking key. Anyway, they're being sent out next week, and once I receive them, I'm planning on selling my Owen 12 inch rings. If anyone is interested, I have a five-ring set (2 singles, linked pair, key) that I'll probably sell for about 1/2 price. Please PM me and I'll let you know once I receive the new rings. I'd rather sell them here than on ebay.

Thanks.

Ron
bwarren3
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of bwarren3
Tom,
Have you tried using the single pouch?
I like the double pouch also but the single pouch is great for loading baseballs. I've got a set of Red,White and Blue baseballs that have the rubber coating for T-Ball play. They work great, quiet as a whistle.
Bill
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Tom
Well Done.
Love your table top did you make it?
Mario
Ben Whiting
View Profile
Loyal user
Traverse City, MI
246 Posts

Profile of Ben Whiting
I love the idea of standing on the newspaper stand! It appeared from the pic that the crowd size increased a lot when you did that
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Recent Busking Picks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL