We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » David Parr (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
jondark445
View Profile
Special user
717 Posts

Profile of jondark445
Hi:

Just curious if anyone has seen David's lecture and whether or not it's worth the time and money to go out of my way to see him.

--Jon
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3049 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Although I wasn't able to attend, word at Magic Inc. was that his Chicago lecture was excellent.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......4&18

Best,
Neil
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), and contributor to the ebook GOLD: When It HAS To Be Performance GOLD -- all at Penguin.
srayproctor
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of srayproctor
I saw David Parr perform at Denny & Lee's Magic Studio near Baltimore in the last year. He gave an excellent performance. His performance style was bizarre but not too dark to be acceptable to the masses. Given the opportunity, I would definitely see him again.

Scott
Crossroads Mystic
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
498 Posts

Profile of Crossroads Mystic
I saw him years ago and had a great time. Picked up his book Brain Food. I’d be happy to see him again.

Gavin D.
...from whose bourne,

no traveler returns...

Formerly Mr.Skin

facebook.com/CrossroadsMystic
Francesco Montuori
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Francesco Montuori
I agree. A very intelligent, thoughtful performer. His lecture is very entertaining. where is he lecturing? It has been a while since I have seen him.
"You will tread some very strange and curious paths when you enter the forbidden territory of the macabre....but you will encounter some fasinating characters on your travels."
Charles W. Cameron
Adrian Deery
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Adrian Deery
Just to let eveyone know David Parr will be at the Inner Circle of Bizarre Magic gathering. This November.
magicuncle
View Profile
Regular user
Elgin, IL
126 Posts

Profile of magicuncle
I was at the Magic Inc. lecture last month and can personally verify Neils post, it was excellent. David is one those performers/teachers that knows how to think in terms of what the spectator will see. His lecture was definately worth the time and dollars. -Brian
Air56
View Profile
Regular user
SC
140 Posts

Profile of Air56
Hey Adrian-
When is the I.C.B. M. Gathering?
Is there a website to get further information?

:stout: Smile Smile
DJM " Not all who wander are lost"
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Ill be at his upcoming shows in evanston!

October 20th is opening night!
Scott Grimm
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
141 Posts

Profile of Scott Grimm
His new show is at a downtown Chicago theater called the Lakeshore Theater and opening night is Oct 25. He is making his performance play for a much larger audience and it promises to be very exciting!
Faith is at the heart of all magic.
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1274 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
Quote:
On 2005-10-11 19:26, Air56 wrote:
Hey Adrian-
When is the I.C.B. M. Gathering?
Is there a website to get further information?

You can find more info about the Gathering here:
http://www.icbmmagick.com/pages/Gathering2005.html
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
Air56
View Profile
Regular user
SC
140 Posts

Profile of Air56
EVILDAN-
You don't look like Adrian.
The person formerly known as "The Kid' says hello.

:stout: Smile Smile
DJM " Not all who wander are lost"
David Parr
View Profile
V.I.P.
881 Posts

Profile of David Parr
Hi Everybody. Thank you for all the kind words about my lectures. It's always nice to know that the work is appreciated. And now let me convey some info about Halloween:

I won't be doing my Halloween show in Evanston this year -- because Haunting History is coming to Chicago. This is the first time the show will be playing in a theatre space in the city, so I hope people who missed the show when it was out in the 'burbs will be able to see it here. The relevant info on showtimes and tickets is on the Current Events page of my Web site: http://www.davidparr.com

Have a happy Halloween!
mrmysticmike
View Profile
Elite user
Cleveland, Ohio
427 Posts

Profile of mrmysticmike
There is a good interview with Mr. Parr in the October issue of Magic magazine.
Fishsticks
View Profile
New user
Greensboro, NC
70 Posts

Profile of Fishsticks
Mr. Parr why do you have to always be scary? Do you ever do nice magic?
David Parr
View Profile
V.I.P.
881 Posts

Profile of David Parr
Mr. Fishsticks,

Signs and portents indicate that the answer to your question may be found in my performances or my published works -- or in the current issue of Magic magazine.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2918 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
David,
It was nice to finally meet you last year in Milwaukee. I have enjoyed your writings and the way you think, however...I know have a new hero and his name is Fishsticks. Forget Criss Angel, Blaine, Copperfield, P & T. This man is the future of magic. Forget Burger, Neale and McBride. This is the man that will inspire us to greatness. Go look at his posts and you will see what I have seen. Genius, pure genius. He, along with J ack Galloway, has finally made the Café a place worth visiting.

And Mr. Fishstick, it's not real fire I'm spitting out.
David Parr
View Profile
V.I.P.
881 Posts

Profile of David Parr
Hi Todd. It was good to meet you as well. And I really enjoyed your show.

I have studied all of the Fishstick posts, and think I get it: They're meant to be a commentary on the dehumanizing effect of technology.

Right? Right?
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2918 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Quote:
On 2005-10-18 05:11, David Parr wrote:
Hi Todd. It was good to meet you as well. And I really enjoyed your show.

I have studied all of the Fishstick posts, and think I get it: They're meant to be a commentary on the dehumanizing effect of technology.

Right? Right?

I think you are close, but what is going on in a great mind like Fishschtick is beyond comprehension by us mere mortals. We may be dealing with a deity.
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
I am impressed by the look of sheer intelligence in his eyes. I think we should get busy decoding his messages. Something deep is hidden there!
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » David Parr (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL