The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » W O W ! (Post convention talk) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2478 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Hey guys,

I just got back from the convention and all I can say is WOW!

I'll post some more stuff about it when I get the chance, but WOW. what an amazing experience.

WOW
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Houdini man
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
343 Posts

Profile of Houdini man
WOW< I'm jealous of you! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Perry
www.magicformagicians.info www.perry-reid.com

The only thing that spererates genius from insanity is success.
escapologist2001
View Profile
Regular user
Connah's Quay, Wales, UK
127 Posts

Profile of escapologist2001
I am just so jetlagged - all I can say for now is WOW, but I'll have a lot more to say when it's not 4 in the morning and I can get some sleeeeeeeeeep

Robin
dylan1961
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of dylan1961
I agree. Robin, Great meeting you, and Lars!!! Thanks for coming. All others in England, and around the world, start saving $$$ now for next year should it happen.
TOO much fun to miss. Robin, good luck in the marathon. I still don't know why you run them. Thanks to Steve Brooks for showing up and seeing what a bunch of friendly and outgoing group we are. I came home with a dreamed-of treasure (Thanks Elliot) and even have some money left to pay bills. What a deal. What fun. What excitement.
Thanks to all. Ian, if you read this - to you, my most valued and dear friend, please keep your spirits up. I know how you get when youi get back to your secluded part of the world with the marsupials, snakes, spiders, and your pets and wife Lisa.
More later, it's just too overwhelming to think of what to say now. John Bushey
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
I agree, WOW!!! I'll write more when I get a chance too but for right now I'm off to bed. G'night All...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Tony
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4818 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
I had a great time and enjoyed meeting everyone. I greatly appreciated being accepted into the group and very much enjoyed making some new friends along the way. A very special Thank You to Ian for giving me my first lock picking lesson. Thanks to that lesson I was able to open two different locks in a matter of minutes - what a thrill. Smile
However, the real rush came as I smuggled my new tools thru airport security - okay, I'm off to work on more locks. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi All, just got home, back to the land of oz. Great to be home but sad to be away from all of you. John Bushey, you are are great friend and I was very sad to leave you, see you soon I hope. To Mark and Sheila, what a fantastic convention and thank you for your hospitality and opening your home for me while there.

Mr Brooks, or may I call you Steve? - what a pleasure to meet you and laugh and joke as if we have been old school friends who had just caught up after many years. Glad to have fulfilled your dream to pick locks and uphold my end of the deal that I could teach you so quick. Really, the credit is yours for being a top learner.

More later after some sleep.

Ian
cuffs
View Profile
New user
San Diego, Ca
94 Posts

Profile of cuffs
Steve, I am glad that you are mastering the skill of lock picking but I am even more elated that you live in NORTHERN California. As I live and work as a locksmith in SOUTHERN California, I would have been worried about the loss of business that I would experience with you running around.
Just one word of advice....not too much tension. Just enought to bind em!

mark
O--O
Mark Lyons O--O

Collector of Handcuffs from around the World

Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.

Leslie Nielsen Lt. Frank Drebin, "Police Squad"
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Mark, good advice from another professional, it was great to hang with you, I hope you picked up some bargains. Are you still interested in the cuffs you menated to me?

Ian
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4818 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Ian, PLEASE do call me Steve. Smile
I too very much enjoyed the time we spent telling stories, joking, etc and feel like we have been friends for years. Rest assured I will only use my new skills for good, not evil. Smile
I have much to learn, but thanks to your expert teaching I am well on my way.

Mark,
It was great meeting you as well and I hope to someday see your large collection of cuffs. By the way, don't worry, I may visit southern California once in a while but the north state is my home. Smile

John Bushey,
It was great hanging with you - your skill with cards was evident and I enjoyed seeing your work with handcuffs. Looking forward to seeing you again. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
cuffs
View Profile
New user
San Diego, Ca
94 Posts

Profile of cuffs
Ian, Yes I'm very much interested in the Guiteaus. As you know, they were a sell out and I lost my opportunity to pick one up at the show. I did pick up a pair of one of your newest creations. I didn't bat an eye when it was offered to me.
Thanks for the kind words in your Gimmicked Handcuff and Restraints Book. I have read most of it and found it to be very good reading. I recommend it to all, especially those that frequent this web-site. I forgot to give you a Gotcha key. I will post one out if you still need it. Congrats on your 500 posts. I will be happy when I hit 50. Say hi to your wife. I miss her. Good hanging with you. Hope it will not be too long before we can do it again.

Steve, I took the liberty to be informal also. It was a pleasure to meet you even though we didn't get a chance to get into any large discussions. I hope that when you are in the San Diego area, you will give me a call and it would be an honor to show you my collection. Just leave the picks at home!

mark
O--O
Mark Lyons O--O

Starry
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
219 Posts

Profile of Starry
Mark, Sheila, Ian, Thomas, Dean, Stan, Steve, Joe, Kristen, Kevin, Other Steve, Elliot, John, Cliff, Other Mark, Andrew, Bill, Tony, Jay, Joseph, and any of the guys or gals I've left out; I'm worn out.

It was a gas to meet, share a few tricks, and have a few laughs. I want to say that you all made this event one I'll remember for a long time. I think I'll be doing this one again. I won't be able to post the pics until next week, but I'll drop a line as soon as I do.

And Steve, I'm glad to see that you've finally gotten some sleep.

Ace
Ace Starry - Author or THE MAGIC LIFE - A NOVEL PHILOSOPHY
http://www.starry.com/
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
Thanks Ace, it was great meeting and hanging out with you. I hope you will be a regular at the Escape conventions. Hope to see you again soon.
Best regards, Tony Parisi
cuffs
View Profile
New user
San Diego, Ca
94 Posts

Profile of cuffs
Hi Ace, This is the other Mark. Even though we were in the dueling position at the show (back to back) I just had to turn around to see who was back there. I was glad you didn't draw almost as much as it was to meet you. Good luck with your book and speaking for myself and taking the liberty to speak for everyone else, we will be counting the days til we can hook up again.
Best wishes to you.

The other Mark
O--O
Mark Lyons O--O

Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Cuffs, Lisa misses you also and is still screaming for you! ( to get off!. LOL)
[in joke folks]

Ace, a pleaure to meet you and I didn't have time to get a copy of you book. Please PM me with details.

Ian
cuffs
View Profile
New user
San Diego, Ca
94 Posts

Profile of cuffs
Ian, As I told you, I got off! (inside joke folks...don't want to start rumours)
Bring Lisa out with you next time. Maybe then you will behave yourself at these conventions.

mark
O--O
Mark Lyons O--O

Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Mark (cuffs) Lisa is worse than I am. As a MICA paramedic, she has seen both the good and bad of humanity and knows how to handle both. I will certainly bring her along, I told her the story and she now wants to meet you.

Ian
cuffs
View Profile
New user
San Diego, Ca
94 Posts

Profile of cuffs
Hi Ian, I do hope to meet Lisa at the next show. If she is just half as humerous as you, we will be in for a real treat. If she is equally humerous or even more so, you need not come. (lol)
I am a little concerned however. Being that she is a paramedic, I wonder what she wants to meet me with.
mark
O--O
Mark Lyons O--O

CARNEGIE
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of CARNEGIE
I missed the convention. Several days beforehand I had to drop out and was very dissappointed that I couldn't make it. But I was wondering, can any/all share your thoughts on Steve Baker's lecture. He told me about it while he was coming up with it, but I was curious to see the finished product. And is there a chance that someone recorded or video taped it??????
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2478 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Kevin video taped at least part of it, I have no idea how of when he will make it available.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » W O W ! (Post convention talk) (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL