The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Don't let this happen to you (or ooops) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2479 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Friday evening at the Cannon's convention we all had a great time. After watching three great performers, we all retired to the bar to watch Joe Fox do a blockhead routine. I was stading next to the bar, and kept hearing the bartender saying something like "oh spit". The act really got to him.

It also really got to a bar maid, who by law had to be 21 or older, but looked barely 18. Since I was standing near her, we struck up a conversation. She was interested in what we do, so with her permission, I put a pair of "interesting" handcuffs on her, and showed her how fast I could get them off. She seemed both puzzled and enthusiastic. Te others near me also seemed to be enjoying this impromptu demo.

I offered her a photo of her in cuffs, and she was enthusiastic about that too. So I cuffed her in a pair of more mundane handcuffs (HWC) and took a couple of pictures. She is smiling happily in the pictures. I took out the key (needed this time) to release her, and found sadly that I had brought a S&W key with me, and yet locked her in HWC's. The two keys look the same, but are not. OH oh! oddly I was a lot more worried than she was. I guess she still thought it was part of an act. Were was my HWC key? I had unlaoded my pockets in order to weigh less given all the hardware I was carrying, so it was in my hotel room. I took a ribbing from some of the guys... I had locked a girl in cuffs, only to tell her the key was in my hotel room. ooops.

Luckily there were 3 or 4 dozen people in the bar likely to carry keys with them, and the problem was quickly taken care of. The girl never lost her smile though, what a great sport.

and yes, before anyone asks, I absolutly DID tell my wife this story when I got home.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
That one is called "The Ole Shriners Convention Escape with the Bar Maid Act", I think.
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
Houdini man
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
343 Posts

Profile of Houdini man
Now that's a convention! Good story

Perry
www.magicformagicians.info www.perry-reid.com

The only thing that spererates genius from insanity is success.
MattTheKnife
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of MattTheKnife
Hey Cliff,

Do you market the effect? ;-)

Cheers,
-Matt (TK)
handsfree
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of handsfree
Great story, Cliff. Can always appreciate a woman who will let a man (married!) put her in handcuffs, eh?
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Awesome story, Cliff! Thanks for sharing!
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
PennyMagic4U
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of PennyMagic4U
I did enjoy your discomfort - we are all laughing with you. It is not the first time nor last that we have all locked something only to discover the keys are not where they are suppose to be. Good one.
JCPENNY
Simply Magic
PennyMagic4U by Jerry Penny
Bretigan
View Profile
Regular user
Milwaukee
102 Posts

Profile of Bretigan
Hi,

That story reminded me of the same situation, but much less severe. My friend thought getting out of thumb cuffs was easy. Well, I knew I had a key on me, so I offered to put them on him. No, he couldn't get out, no escape. "Ok, let me out." The key I had was a tad larger then the hole for the thumb cuffs. DOH! Luckily he was pretty calm because I didn't have a key. The good news is I found a paper clip. Smile
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Top story Cliff, I wish I had of been at your end of the bar ( and I think you might have thought the same of her, if you know what I mean) another tale to tell the grand children one day.

very funny

Ian
Houdini man
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
343 Posts

Profile of Houdini man
Quote:
On 2005-10-13 18:22, Ian McColl wrote:
another tale to tell the grand children one day.

very funny

Ian

With dirty Irish drinking songs! that's next years convention, which I hope to make!

Perry
www.magicformagicians.info www.perry-reid.com

The only thing that spererates genius from insanity is success.
glatner
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of glatner
When my brother was 6 or 7 he locked a friend of his in toy cuffs. Then, he flushed the key down the toilet. My mother had to walk several blocks with a hysterical child in cuffs to the toy shopt to buy another set and let him out.

-gabe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Don't let this happen to you (or ooops) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL