The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » I've got a secret - sssssshhhh (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
BlackShadow
View Profile
Special user
London UK
666 Posts

Profile of BlackShadow
Magicians are people true. But they've also been programmed with a lot of stuff written in magic books which they read when they were younger. It's a bit like religious indoctrination. Of course the things written in magic books are biased in favour of the authors whose business is usually writing magic books and selling magic related things. The less people that help other people, the more things they will sell. It's a simple commercial exercise. Usually it's not a very sound argument to supress learning, but that have an "excuse" that it will "ruin magic". It never does of course, but at least they will get to sell more books, whether it does or not, isn't that what counts...they got the $$$ from the sales?

That's why so many (rather than some) magicians are unwilling to help. People are people but any group is subject to both its nature and its nurture.
beyrevra
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of beyrevra
The very best charm of the magic is its secrecy. I agree to teach a young magician who has prove me his love and his work for the magic. But I refuse to expose the magic as it is seen in limp of cheeses. The magic is prostitute by those which it nourishes.
Often the magicians say to those which question them: "can you maintain a secrecy? Me also!"
False!!! One sees more and more magicians exposing their secrecies because they cannot respect the magic any more. Why ? Because today the secrecies of magic are too easy to know!
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1229 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
There can deffinatly be two sides to this. I havent had a problem with fellow Magi not showing me something. I don't really have a problem teaching a fellow magi an effect of mine. However if its an effect that is my bread and butter, I may not teach some one else. I would expect that from any magician. Just my thoughts on this.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4634 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
I LOVE sharing material, if I know the person or persons Im sharing it with will do it justice.
If you're reading this you're my favorite magician.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2820 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
I have found the magicians I have encountered to be much more appreciative of my interest than I necessarily expected and much more generous, also. But it may be that those are the type of people that I tend to approach, anyway. (But like I said before, they don't owe me anything. I don't EXPECT them to give me anything. And that's a major factor, I'm sure. ) I have no interest in subjecting myself to people who are "too good for me" or don't have the time of day for someone who appreciates them.
"Every thought you think, word you speak, and action you take proceeds from either love or fear. Peace and upset, innocence and guilt, healing and illness all spring from that one fundamental choice." Alan Cohen
https://magicalaurieblog.wordpress.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » I've got a secret - sssssshhhh (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL