The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Franklin the Great (Dove Act) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Philippe
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Philippe
During the time of the wonderful Chanin Pollock I think the story went that when ever he appeared in London he always had the same driver who was a magician and when Chanin stoped travelling he gave his act to Frank ......? who became Franklin the Great. I think he was Cockney or at least from Londons East End. Any body know where he is?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Franklin was a cab driver and very close friend of Ken Brooke. I met him several times, but that was a long time ago. Channing did have a deal with him to drive him to his shows every night and yes, Channing did teach him the act, which he did after Chan left England.

I really dn't know where he is these days, perhaps some of the English magicians can help.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Thank you Pete for that info, I can remember Franklin performing and it was Chanins act but without the polish.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Franklin the Great (Dove Act) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL