The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » W.E.A.R. Requirements (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cindi
View Profile
Loyal user
Palm Bch, FL
285 Posts

Profile of Cindi
Greetings,
I thought it necessary to post this inquiry seperate since 20 pages of WEAR messages in that thread can be confusing Smile Myself along with others are not clear on the requirements of recording WEAR attempts. I understand there will be a website provided to announce that each individual has finished their attempt (?)
I also understand that 2 witnesses are required with signed documents (?) and Video footage via Internet is asked for. I know that myself along with others do not have the ability to provide Video upload. Can anyone give the specifics on this subject?
Thanks!
Cindi
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2479 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Hi Cindi,

I think it would be cool if you could find a freind with a video camera to tape you, although underwater video is though. I think Pastor Clyde worked something out for that.

Short of that, no one has oficially sat dwon to pound out the rules. Tom Blacke of escape masters will be issuing certificates of participation to all of us so photos will probably be fine.

I think the video requirement came out of Guinness Book requirements, and they of course are with us no longer.

If you have video, but no way to upload it, just use the mail. Send a tape or cd-rom to Kevin Ridgeway (I don't know if his address is on his site, but you can e-mail him for it)

Break a chain

Cliff
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
WEASEL DANDAW
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of WEASEL DANDAW
Could anybody tell me what is happening about the time schedule, as it was mentioned we would have a time slot and have to log when our escape ended for the next in sequence to start. My planned escape is with the British police and a) I would have to do it when it was convenient for them and b) I don't think they would let me have access to a police computer to log my results.
KerryJK
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
621 Posts

Profile of KerryJK
It's my understanding that the synchronised time slot thing ended up in the "be nice if it could be done but basically too much hassle" file, given the vagaries of time zones, individual performers' venue and performance time constraints. Maybe in future events, if we could all come together in a few specified locations it might be easier.

My show is advertised as going on from about 21:30 GMT (half nine in the evening); I'll be taping as well as getting still photos, I'm happy to mail the footage in whatever format is most desired.

I don't know if any standard form exists yet, but I've taken the liberty of drafting a form which I intend to use to collect the signatures of my witnesses. I've left the details blank so anyone else can use it if they so desire (and if it's OK for the job) and posted it in PDF format here. I've also uploaded it to the files section of the Yahoo group. Please let me know if this form is unsuitable in any way, or if a standard form for the purpose already exists.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2479 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Helen,

I love your form. The only way you might change it, is to add a spot for witnesses e-mail address. I don't know it is needed, but someone had commented on that being a necessity.

BTW there had been talk of taking that logo of yours and making tee-shirts. No one did, so I made a home made one myslef and wore it to the conference on day. It is not perfect, but it will do. I shall probably wear it while I escape.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
KerryJK
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
621 Posts

Profile of KerryJK
Thanks, Cliff. Let me know if you (or anyone else) want a copy of the logo in proper print size resolution. I have versions now on both white and black backgrounds.
Cindi
View Profile
Loyal user
Palm Bch, FL
285 Posts

Profile of Cindi
Wow, thanks for all the Info. Y'all
C
db
View Profile
New user
Db
13 Posts

Profile of db
Just a thought on uw video: Many digital cameras have underwater housing that is reasonable ($100-$175). I have a cannon and got the housing for it for less than $150. My camera also has 3:00 video option. Since most uw escapes do not exceed 3:00 it is a cheaper option than uw video cameras which can be very expensive. A series of avi video prior to and then uw would work.

Just a thought!
Houdini man
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
343 Posts

Profile of Houdini man
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I am MOST positive that as long as it is on the Calendar date of October 29, 2005, it is ok.

Perry
www.magicformagicians.info www.perry-reid.com

The only thing that spererates genius from insanity is success.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » W.E.A.R. Requirements (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL