The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Flavors from the past... » » Magic Shop in Atlanta (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

PennyMagic4U
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of PennyMagic4U
OK - who remebers the magic shop in the hotel in downtown Atlanta? Maybe 15 years ago I was on a trip in Atlanat and walked into a magic shop in a hotel in downtown Atlanta. A reproduction of an old parlour with bookshelves. They sold magic tricks and would teach you how to use them. I bought my first set of cups and balls from them. Great Place

JCPENNY
Simply Magic
PennyMagic4U by Jerry Penny
dawoo
View Profile
New user
Atlanta
8 Posts

Profile of dawoo
Magic Masters is an Atlanta-based chain of stores. The store you visited has closed, but there's still one in Underground Atlanta. Their website lists other locations around the country.

http://www.magicmasters.com/
PennyMagic4U
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of PennyMagic4U
Thank You - it is nice to see they are still in business.

JCPENNY
Simply Magic
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Say that the next time you perform strolling magic and thirty kids start yelling out the names of the cards in your DeKraam (Leslie) deck because ONE of them bought it from Magic Masters and deliberately showed the method to her friends AT THE SHOP. And bought the deck expressly to do this and the guy behind the counter sold it to her anyway!

I had that happen to me at Medieval Times in Chicago - they have a shop at Navy Pier. Only it was about 100 kids - I kid you not on the number - they were there for a music competition. Fortunately, I was able to do a bunch of stuff that did not rely on the gaff, but I was NOT pleased that they would do that.

And it is not an isolated case, either. I had to drop the Bill Tube, Scotch and Soda, the Okito Coin Box and Devano Rising Cards from my act as well, for the same reason.

To me, that's exposure, not retailing magic.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
PennyMagic4U
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of PennyMagic4U
WOW - Lee I have not run into that - I live in Texas and I guess because they don't have a store near here we are still safe from the exposure.
magicHart
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
548 Posts

Profile of magicHart
Magic Masters is indeed a class act. My first exposure (no pun intented) was in the Forum Shops attached to Caesars in Las Vegas. Wonderful location right by the moving statues. Alas, they are no longer there.....I would hate to think of the rent in that particularl mall!
Website seems to list only 3 locations, I do hope there are more!
david007
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of david007
Thanks for this. You have just saved me a walk from the Georgian Terrace Hotel before flying out. I too was introduced to magic at the Magic shop in the Marriott Marquis around 20 years ago now and was heading up there to replace some tricks I bought then and have continued to use over the years. There were a couple (the rising card trick and the Dollar/UK penny tricks that even if I have been able to get them in the UK are nothing like the quality of yours.

I am heading back to the UK now but when I get there will try to buy the replacements that I want on line. Thanks a million for bringing this fun into my life especially 'Rocky'the racoon! He is looking a bit worse for wear now!
gatorjim
View Profile
New user
Fayetteville, TN
53 Posts

Profile of gatorjim
I used to stay at the Marriott in Atlanta and frequented Magic Masters whenever I was in town. They had a limited inventory of really good and moderately priced magic. I purchased several coin and card routines from them over the years. Acquired Scotch & Soda from them. I was always curious as to the volume of business they did, as I'm sure their rent was a tidy sum. Obviously, their sales volume was enough to support the operation. I ran into their stores in a couple of other venues during my traveling days, but don't recall the cities, as I write this. Good memories of Magic Masters.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Flavors from the past... » » Magic Shop in Atlanta (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL