The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Str8-cuff launched at the convention (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Many of you who attended Cannon’s escape convention will be familiar with my new Str8-cuff. This devilishly simple restraint caught many be surprise (those who tried it on) and gained a lot of interest. I am currently designing the gimmicked model of this type to allow for egress.

For all the people that made inquiries, there are a few who I didn’t get their details in the busy atmosphere of the convention. If you could drop me a line to refresh my memory I would be grateful.

Thanks you

Ian
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
It just gets worse. Every day there's yet something else that makes me feel even worse about missing the convention <sigh>!

Ah well. Next year.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Ros both you and I will get there some day. is there a chance of seeing this Cuff Ian. Don,
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Don, I will try to get a photo of the cuff up somewhere and let you know. Cerntainly the Cannon's will make the photo available as soon as I get some made up for sale.

The Srt8-cuff is like a lilly iron which encircles the upper arms just above the elbow and attached to the center of the bar and facing downward is a cuff to fasten to both wrists , each wrist laying one over the other. Even if the wrist cuffs were big enough to slip your wrists, as the arms are held in a given position, the lower arms cannot be forced outward to remove the wrists from the cuff.

Though I was not there to see it happen, young Josh Cannon was the only one over the weekend to escape from the cuff which was witnessed by several people. Hats off to Josh.

Ian
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1829 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Great item Ian...

I was there during the Sunday morning brunch and witnessed Josh getting out of the Str8 cuff.

Granted he had a key, but anyone who has seen the cuff knows that doesn't help much. He flipped the cuff over, put the key in his mouth and was able to open it that way. He was also experimenting with using his belt buckle to hold the key.
He is a good kid and did a lot to help with the convention. Hats off to Mark and Sheila for raising two great kids.

Kevin
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Kevin & Kristen, glad you saw Josh show his skill. You are right about Mark and Sheila's children. Rachel and Josh are credit to the Cannon's and to themselves.
Fine young adults who handled their work at the convention with maturity and good humor, not to be phased under the pressure.

It was great to see you both, your show was fantastic , I hope Kristen shared her Tim Tam's with you.

see you next time.

Ian
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Ian Thank You Also Cannons does have a Bunch of New Stuff on their web site. Don,
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Don, there is some very new stuff at their website. Also at the convention your name came up so you were not forgotten even though you weren't there. The subject was you Back pack escape and we were sketchy on the details. Some thought you just got into the back pack on stage and then escaped. Others though that you called for a volunteer that would wear the back pack with you in it. The degree of difficulty was then enhanced by carrying you. Similar to Luke Skywalker carrying Yoda.

Ian
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
Ian, I'm thinking it was more like Chewbacca carrying around a broken C3PO. But hey that's just me. (Wish you were there Don!)
Best regards, Tony Parisi
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Tony, I didn't know how short Don may be so I went when the cute reference not the hi-tech one.

Don, you should have been there! more escape talk than one can get there head around and lots of fun as well.

Ian

Posted: Oct 15, 2005 3:08am
Hey Don, if you haven't seen them yet, Click here!
There are many photos of the convention and one of Josh and the Srt8-cuff.

Ian
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Hi Ian,

The cuff looks cool! Very nice indeed.

Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Ian clicked it and liked the cuff. a more uncomfortable position would be to have the hands in back. opposite of what josh. had done while the arms are still in front. Don,
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Str8-cuff launched at the convention (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL