The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Richard Osterlind's Mind Mysteries Too » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11..14~15~16 [Next]
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2039 Posts

Profile of jimtron
Sorry if this has already been covered, but is the secret to Ultra Board revealed on Vol. 5, or just demonstrated? The description says:
Quote:
For the first time on video, see Richard Osterlind perform his classic Mental Epic type effect with an ungimmicked board!

If I'm not mistaken, Ultra Board was demonstrated but not revealed in "Challenge Magic," and I wondered if this was the case in MMToo.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
He tips the whole skinny, my friend! Unbelievably clever.

I certainly agree that having full access of the methods whets your appetite for the finished product...and having the full secrets explained allows you to know what you wouldn't perform as well as what you would perform (and buy). You can direct your spending to the proper product.

There is much you can make yourself on the DVD's...and while most people certainly would buy The Solid Ghost,The Steel blindfold, Ultraboard, etc rather than spend X amount more in wasted material, labor, etc, I thought it admirable that he not only discussed the methods, but gave full pointers and advice just as if you had bought the product and he were advising you. So, if you want to go out in the old workshop and hack out a Stainless Steel Blindfold, Richard gives you all the info, all the little details. Me, I'd pop it on my Paypal and pop a beer and life would be a lot simpler...but you could construct them if you wanted to, the info is there. Amazing.

Again, he seems to render obsolete stuff that has gone before. The bends are within the capabilities of anyone, and are amazing... Power to the people!
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
I have only watched vol. 5 of the new set, but I can tell you that Richard saved me $150. Ultra
I think that the Ultraboard is a wonderful device. At other times in my life, I would have used it. But, I don't think that I will use it right now.
By Richard's generosity in explaining it's workings, I will save that money and will very probably use it to purchase other "Osterlindys."
Thanks Richard.
Peace,
Parson
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1179 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
I'm going to be very broke pretty soon. So much good stuff, and I must have Osterlind's Mind Mysteries Too just to complete my collection. I can't wait till I get my hands on these babies!
howdoidisconnect
View Profile
Elite user
Just outside the cafe window
429 Posts

Profile of howdoidisconnect
Test conditions II just floored me. What an amazing effect. This one I will certaining use myself. A perfect answer to performing mentalism to any wanna be magicain or performing ones that is. even when you know the method, it will still amaze you to watch it. I love richards comment that he uses a lot, 'there's the move right there'. you tend to blink at that point and then pause and and rewind. then laugh to yourself for such genius.
Also I really appeciate the openness of richard showing the workings of the props he uses, like already mentioned, basicly showing you how to make your own. This gives me to the chance to pratice with a home made item , until I am ready to perform for audiences, at that stage I can buy the professional unit.

regards steve
I do look forward to the day when you post something constructive.
-Tony Iacoviello
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
974 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
Volume 6 arrived 3 hours ago...
Thank you Richard for reminding us of corinda. Great work!
Some material REALLY fooled me.
"Reality is what you can get away with."
Robert A. Wilson

"Think for yourself and question authority."
Timothy Leary
Scotty Mac
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of Scotty Mac
Richard/Jim,

Any chance of publishing a separate book with detailed plans for making some of the effects that you use in performance? I agree that in many cases it would be easier to buy the product, but I was interested, for example, in plans for making a Thought Scan board. I'm certain the craftsmanship and quality are excellent, but I also enjoy creating gimmicks, props, and devices myself.

Scott
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Richard,

Im sure I'm not alone when I say this but, any chance you will ever come out with one of your corporation real world performances on DVD? I would love to see you performing in front of a big venue. I ensure you I would be one of the first to purchase this DVD no matter the quality!

Candini
7th_Son
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
437 Posts

Profile of 7th_Son
Richard Osterlind's Mind Mysteries Too has a total running time of 6.5 hours!

Richard has over-delivered with this set.
"Here's to our wives and girlfriends...may they never meet!" - Groucho Marx
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
It's been a week and I still have not gotten through all of them. But I really loved Q&A test.
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Thanks again for the great comments. I can't tell you how much I do appreciate them.

Let me take the time to answer a few questions. I don't know if we will offer building plans for some of the effects like ThoughtScan. I think I gave enough info on Vol. 1 for making it and you can tell from the paper inside the approximate dimensions. The same for the Ultra Board. But,who knows? If I ever do that "big book" maybe we can do that in there.

As to offering a corporate show performance, that is a problem. There are very few companies who would agree to having one of their shows videoed and offered for sale. These are all very private affairs and they don't want footage being spread around. We even have trouble getting shots for a demo video for my own promotion.

Yes, there is a lot of material on these 3 DVD's. I really thought they would be 4, but we were able to get it all onto 3.

As to my old friend Jim Spinnato's question, "You are a troublemaker!!!!" (Just kidding, Jim. Smile)

Richard
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I know this has been brought up before.
But say fo my sake where do I go to get a good size and type of paper for PCT. A friend send me some but I know ill need more just to practice.

I mean online if I have too Im statinoned in Iceland so its a little harder to find staples.
Scotty Mac
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of Scotty Mac
Richard,

Thanks again for taking the time to answer. I think it's so great that performers at the top of their game like you and Banachek take time to answer our questions.

Scott
Nachtzehrer
View Profile
Veteran user
Portugal
324 Posts

Profile of Nachtzehrer
Paisa23:

Richard sells pads for the center tear that are just perfect both in size and paper quality
Alex
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
DIttos, thanks RIchard for all your help.
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Quote:
On 2005-11-04 23:17, paisa23 wrote:
But say fo my sake where do I go to get a good size and type of paper for PCT. A friend send me some but I know ill need more just to practice.

I mean online if I have too Im statinoned in Iceland so its a little harder to find staples.

paisa23,

yes, we sell our CT pads on our website at http://www.osterlindmysteries.com/ I just got around to reading your private PM to me. (Sorry I was traveling and missed it.) Maybe we can take care of the other product you mentioned at the same time.

Richard
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Why is everyone being so nice to Richard Osterlind?
Am I the only one who is dissapointed in this set of DVD's?
I ordered mine and although I was not going to have time to look at it for two weeks, it showed up in about three days.
I thought that I would be able to learn this mentalism thing in about an hour. But NO!
Already, I have had to watch over 6 hours and I'm still not very good at this stuff.
BTW, How many days does it take to become a perfessonel mindreader?
Peace,
Parson
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
GusVanNostrum
View Profile
Veteran user
With automatic writing I've produced
343 Posts

Profile of GusVanNostrum
Quote:
On 2005-11-05 10:58, Parson Gary Smith wrote:
Why is everyone being so nice to Richard Osterlind?
Am I the only one who is dissapointed in this set of DVD's?
I ordered mine and although I was not going to have time to look at it for two weeks, it showed up in about three days.
I thought that I would be able to learn this mentalism thing in about an hour. But NO!
Already, I have had to watch over 6 hours and I'm still not very good at this stuff.
BTW, How many days does it take to become a perfessonel mindreader?
Peace,
Parson

Very funny, indeed.
Horax
View Profile
New user
Austria
12 Posts

Profile of Horax
Quote:
On 2005-11-04 23:17, paisa23 wrote:

I am from Austria (Europe) and I ordered mine at http://www.osterlindmysteries.com/. All together lasts about two weeks until I got it. And I can say, this type of paper is much better than every other I tried before.
Perfect for the PCT.
Horax
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
974 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
Yes... it's hard to get them if you're in Europe.
Greetz from Germany my neighbour!
"Reality is what you can get away with."
Robert A. Wilson

"Think for yourself and question authority."
Timothy Leary
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Richard Osterlind's Mind Mysteries Too » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11..14~15~16 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL