The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Magicians most useful prop (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Joe Russell
View Profile
Veteran user
Buffalo NY
397 Posts

Profile of Joe Russell
I thought about this long and hard and I think the magicians most usefull man made fabricated prop is his/her pocketts, do you agree?
Who is Tattoo Joe?
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
I agree that the pocket is a most useful thing. But I would not consider it a prop, but more of a tool. Many things can be done without pockets.

Most useful prop: You

Most useful tool: Personality
Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
I don't know how useful it is as each will have their own opinions on this, but certainly the most recognizable prop is the wand.

Frank Tougas
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
felix501
View Profile
Regular user
Lewes, England
134 Posts

Profile of felix501
1. your personality
2. a rubber chicken

felix
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Pockets are good. I never thought of them as props though.

On the theatrical side there's no one "most useful prop" for magic.
We have coin workers, cardicians, buskers, parlor and stage magi, etc, and all would likely have their own favorites.
Joe Russell
View Profile
Veteran user
Buffalo NY
397 Posts

Profile of Joe Russell
Remember guys I'm only refering to MAN MADE props, "personality" doesn't count
Who is Tattoo Joe?
Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
Since a TT is a gimmick and NOT a prop I guess I'd say a deck of cards. Easily available, most of us do some card stuff even if we don't get fantical about it, and everyone has an Uncle (somebody) who can lay out three rows of seven cards.

As long as you have a pack handy you are never more than a shuffle away from a performance.

Frank Tougas
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
Joe Russell
View Profile
Veteran user
Buffalo NY
397 Posts

Profile of Joe Russell
Ya But you put the cards in a box and the box gos in your pocketts, I just thought of something your pocketts are on your pants, SO PANT ARE THE BEST PROP
Who is Tattoo Joe?
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27251 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Um... tell that to the women in magic. Perhaps the jacket then?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
BlackShadow
View Profile
Special user
London UK
666 Posts

Profile of BlackShadow
Don't women wear pants nowadays Smile

As soon as I saw this topic, I knew people were going to start getting all clever and put forward stuff like personality or misdirection or presentation... there will be more!

I'm going to say 52 though. Can do a whole show with that. Pockets are a useful second, but much use on their own.
magicurt
View Profile
Loyal user
alabama
222 Posts

Profile of magicurt
I make my money doing a stage show and never use my pockets. They are almost uneless to me.

My wife is probably my best prop. (SSSHHHHH, don't tell her.) But she is part of most tricks and in every illusion and loads the truck while I'm signing autograghs and selling merchandise.

Curt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Magicians most useful prop (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL