The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » Perpetual Motion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MrHyde
View Profile
Special user
810 Posts

Profile of MrHyde
Hmmm,

Altars, Tardis / Time travel, Native Rhythms

??
brianmayo
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of brianmayo
So is Dr. Who the answer then? Or looking for the next in the series based on some pattern?
Stephen Buxton
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of Stephen Buxton
Altars, Tardis / Time travel, Native Rhythms

"Tardis" is right, "Altars" is almost right, no to rest

So is Dr. Who the answer then? Or looking for the next in the series based on some pattern?

Dr Who was just a hint towards part of the answer (Tardis). There is a sequence involved
If you put an infinite number of apes in front of an infinite number of computers, you get a pretty good idea of what internet chat rooms can be like
Stephen Buxton
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

I think a recap might be in order.

We start at a TABLE (in church - ALTARS is *almost* correct)
and travel by A BLUE BOX. (TARDIS is the correct answer here)
The journey is VERY POOR, (as in appaling, not penniless)
but it will take us to AN ISLAND. (In the Mediterranian)
There we find NOTHING FERAL, (What is the opposit of feral?)
only a MUSICAL BEAT (I might have also have found a way of measuring quantities)

Once you have found two correct answers next to each other, hopefully the rest will fall into place

(By the way, I have had one person PM me the correct answer - no prizes as to who...)
If you put an infinite number of apes in front of an infinite number of computers, you get a pretty good idea of what internet chat rooms can be like
pokerjeff
View Profile
New user
St. Louis, MO
3 Posts

Profile of pokerjeff
I'm understanding how the puzzle works...I think. I just can't seem to get the final answer. Is it tack the first two on the end and then reverse them and add them to the front? Lateral, that is?

I get the name of the puzzle. I just can't seem to make my ends meet.
Stephen Buxton
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

There is no need to reverse anything - just find what you need to add on to the end to allow you to tag an appropriate word to the front.
MrHyde
View Profile
Special user
810 Posts

Profile of MrHyde
Likewise, I have all the clues
just need the word to send it into perpertual motion
MrHyde
View Profile
Special user
810 Posts

Profile of MrHyde
So I must use two words

Would a curt amphibious sea mammal do the trick?
Stephen Buxton
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

You mean a Terse Seal? Well, it tells me that your sequence is almost certainly right. However, the "Terse Seal", whilst allowing you to go full circle is far more than the single word I have come up with

Don't start with the "T" - go back a little bit. You will know when you have the word - it is appropriate
MrHyde
View Profile
Special user
810 Posts

Profile of MrHyde
Ah, the new word introduces a letter not found in the word before
or the word after, unlike the others in the challenge?

Very appropriate though. Nice.

this puzzle could go on forever :0
TomasB
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1143 Posts

Profile of TomasB
Hmmm, not good to break the rule that was used in every single word connection, I think.

/Tomas
Stephen Buxton
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Who said it was a rule? ;-)

Sounds like you both have the answer though - well done!
Stephen Buxton
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

As there hasn't been much activity here, I think I'll post the solution:

I am going to take you on a journey. We start at a table (ALTAR), and travel by a blue box (TARDIS). The journey is very poor (DISMAL), but it will take us to an island (MALTA). There we find nothing feral (TAME), only a musical beat (METER).

If you enjoyed this journey, what do you need to keep it going?

The answers can be combinied to make a chain: AlTarDisMalTaMeter. To make it last forever, you need to make it a closed loop. You could add a few words (Terse/Seal would do it), but the simplest is just adding a single letter: "N". That way, you can spell ETERNAL, a rather appropriate word for the context of the puzzle
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » Perpetual Motion (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL