We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Dipping my toe into the bizarre pool ... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
603 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
After watching my local magic club (Denver, CO) present there Bizarre Magic Show last night, I have vowed to develope and do a piece next year ...

there were some really great performances and I realized that I really enjoy watching bizarre magic ... it's just that I could never see myself doing it, but now I know that I need to expand my mind ...
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Well you're already on your way. The goodfellow act you presented at the last PCAM already qualifies you for entry into the ranks of the Bizarre. Atg least by some peoples definition.
I never thought of myself as a practioner until someone explained to me that Bizarre didin't have to be dark or occult in nature.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I too am trying to enter this unique world. Good for you Danny..
Magickman
View Profile
Elite user
St.Petersburg, Fl.
402 Posts

Profile of Magickman
Danny,
As a magician you are crossing over already loaded with a good supply of magic and how it works. So for starters I would take the things you have been doing for yrs and dress them up a bit, add a strange tale. Present this effect not to someone that knows you as a magician but someone that has NO idea you are a magician. I am certain that the facial expression alone will act as a hook into the bizarre! Glad to see you in the forum Danny and good luck!

Magickman
What man knows he calls Science
What he has yet to learn he calls Magick
Both are real!

_Tony Andruzzi_
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Yes !
Another convert ! muahahaa !!
Just wait til you see our initiation ceremony !
( 00Ps !! I shouldn't have let that black cat out of the bag. )

Seriously though, glad to see a pro of your caliber taking an interest.
While I'd never want to see bizarre get too commercial, or mainstream, or common, it warms my blood to see the gradual acceptance and interest in the genre.
Now if you'll excuse me I gotta go drink a cold pint of type O negative, I like my blood slightly chilled .. Smile
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
Brother Kotah
View Profile
New user
wWsconsin
45 Posts

Profile of Brother Kotah
Danny, I am certain the bizarrist community will embrace you; and you will find their world,entertaining and enlightening.

Brother Kotah
He who sees strangely
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
603 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Thanks all ... I have one idea already and I am starting to script it out ...

thanks for your support and encouragement ... my good friend Joe Givan has been talking about hosting a bizarre convention and now I will see if I can give him a gentle prod ...
Viano
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of Viano
The Inner Circle of Bizarre is having a Gathering next month. Check http://www.icbmmagick.com/events.php for details

Viano
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
603 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Quote:
On 2005-10-16 14:30, Viano wrote:
The Inner Circle of Bizarre is having a Gathering next month. Check http://www.icbmmagick.com/events.php for details

Viano

Thanks for teh info but I will be in Las Vegas for MINDvention at that time ...
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Welcome to the dark side. don't forget to cast a circle and pay your dues to the other world...muwahahahaha....

and feel free to ask anything you like...we are helpful in our own dark ways...
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Quote:
On 2005-10-16 11:24, Danny Archer wrote:
my good friend Joe Givan has been talking about hosting a bizarre convention and now I will see if I can give him a gentle prod ...

Not a good idea. Having a convention of bizartists means bringing all these crazy guys to one location, which could open a door to the dimensions of evil and let loose all sorts of horrid beings on earth! Hey, that's not a bad idea for a Bizartist promo! You could offer a prize to the first local resident who sights a demon wandering loose on the streets.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1935 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
Good Tidings Danny!

The Bizarre community here on the Café and off the Café is wonderful. Oh sure we are sometimes odd, but that is part of our charm.

Looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts. As I see it, Bizarre Magick is very much creating an art that evokes a wide range of emotions, multiple senses, and engenders contemplation. Some of my material is a bit scary, some is based on a message. I use all sorts of material to draw presentations or stories - mythology, urban legends, philosophers, history, horror, fiction, poetry, etc.

The dark stuff is fun and is kind of a bonding language so we talk about it quite a bit. But certainly, any topic could be handled artfully and we'd love to hear about it! For example, someone posted a very powerful routine on the Gospel forum which I would definitely classify as Bizarre!

Good luck in your new adventure and we are all here for support!
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
And don't worry Danny...if your Toe gets biten off...I'll make you another one.

Cliffini Le Red I need your mailing address please.

Doug
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Caspar
View Profile
Veteran user
Tacoma
316 Posts

Profile of Caspar
What about the hazing?
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
603 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Thanks Guys for all your supportand encouragment ...

I am working on second idea as well ... the problem right now is finding the time with all the other projects I have going on ...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Dipping my toe into the bizarre pool ... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL