The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Kids and dove tricks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicguy67
View Profile
Loyal user
mEL.fLORIDA
287 Posts

Profile of magicguy67
I don't know why I'm asking this but do kids get dove tricks or do they not know what hapened?
they thought it was impossible until they met me.

theres no reality in magic

did the magician come before the assistant or the other way around.
Jason Purdy
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Jason Purdy
Do you mean like "What just happend"? Or know how you did it?
magicguy67
View Profile
Loyal user
mEL.fLORIDA
287 Posts

Profile of magicguy67
What just happened.
they thought it was impossible until they met me.

theres no reality in magic

did the magician come before the assistant or the other way around.
rhinomax
View Profile
Regular user
188 Posts

Profile of rhinomax
Magicguy67 I have used doves in my kid show for years to older kids (6years and up ) it is quite magical, to younger children any live animal in the show is magical
topper
NEVER UNDER ESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE FEW TO CHANGE THE WORLD "THATS USUALY HOW IT WORKS" MARGRET MEAD
magicmanila
View Profile
New user
Washington DC
88 Posts

Profile of magicmanila
My assesment:

1. its either theyre too young to comprehend (babies).
2. youre too technical.
3. the effect, method, or your presentation is not that strong or entertaining for them.
4. theyre too shocked, dazzled, spellbound or amazed to even react.
5. or the kids are just very shy.

kids are really our toughest audience, and some of them are not that keen on the flashy stuff, theyd tell you straight to your face that your show is boring, they've seen it before, they know how its done (even when they don't) or worse you stink, suck, etc. etc.

stand up comics are funny for grown-ups, but not for kids
clowns are funny for kids, but when the grown-ups see that the kids find them funny. you get work.

like my uncle lou always say;

"always go by the KISS rule..."

K-eep
I-t
S-imple
S-tupid

if it still doesn't work? retire the birds and go get a rabbit instead.

you cant please everybody
PERFORM MAGIC AND NOT "PUZZLES" so the audience wont try to "figure out how its done".

KEEP THE MAGIC ALIVE!!!
Jason Purdy
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Jason Purdy
Well said rhinomax!

I feel the same way. They may not follow any long plots. They don't care about the method. But they when they see a bird you have their attention. However, some kids (or adults) may actually be frightened. Most kids will enjoy though!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
<quote>
kids are really our toughest audience, and some of them are not that keen on the flashy stuff, theyd tell you straight to your face

</quote>

I just completed a school show (it was an aftercare generic magic show) and I was on stage putting my stuff away.

Kids were coming up asking questions as they normally do.

One little boy came up and says, "My clothes smell." "What?" I replied. "My clothes smell." he said again. I guess he got me cause I said, "Why?"

"Cause your magic stinks!" he stated.

Oh, no I thought. I put my stuff away then, to regain my self-esteem and confidence, I went around the cafateria asking groups of kids how they liked the show and what tricks they enjoyed the most. I left happy.

John
magicmanila
View Profile
New user
Washington DC
88 Posts

Profile of magicmanila
Ha ha ha, like I said john. "you cant please everybody" Smile
PERFORM MAGIC AND NOT "PUZZLES" so the audience wont try to "figure out how its done".

KEEP THE MAGIC ALIVE!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Kids and dove tricks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL