The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Help me! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

swisho
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of swisho
Hi, my name is Krissy and I am a video artist from Madison, WI. I want to do a video piece where I am tied up and I escape. I just want my hands and feet to be tied, do you have any ideas of knots that I could use and techniques to get out of the ropes? what kind of ropes should I use? I know this seems like kind of a daring feat for someone with no experience, but I am just looking for something simple. any ideas???
KenW
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of KenW
Get Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic Book. You can order is thru amazon.com
KW
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Hi Krissy
Welcome to the Magic Café. Daryl's Expert Rope Magic a three DVD set that will answer all your rope questions, and then some, or to be more specific just buy volume 2. If you buy them from Daryl you can get a break on the price. If you get lucky you might see them up on ebay. If this stuff was easy anybody could do it.
Al
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
cosermann
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
143 Posts

Profile of cosermann
As fine a book as Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic is, and as much as you should have it if you have ANY interest in magic at all, it contains no rope escape with you hands and feet tied. It does have 1 effect called the Impossible Rope Escape where you escape from a seated position with your legs tied together at the knee and your wrists tied together on top of your knees.

A less expensive alternative that might have more of what you're looking for would be 33 Rope Ties and Chain Releases by Burling Hull. It's an inexpensive $2 booklet.
Regards,
Eric
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2912 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Check out a library to find knots or maybe a book on Houdini Smile to help you out. Good luck. Smile
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20522 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Krissy,

First I want to welcome you to The Magic Café. You'll like it here.

Rope escapes are a different brand from many other escapes. No escape is simpler than the chain shackle escape. However, it is inappropriate for the ankles.

Have you thought about using the 100 foot rope tie instead? You may actually learn to do it faster.

(As for Al, we are beginning to wonder. I'm not sure he wants to escape but he certainly buys a lot of rope! Without the medication, it's just as well.

Sorry Al, I couldn't pass up a chance to pick at you. LOL
The clerks at Big Lots are still talking about the "magician" that bought all that rope.)

Krissy, we have a lot of fun here and sometimes learn something. I hope you enjoy The Magic Café.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Bob
It is true that I always use Big Lot rope on stage, but in my bed room we like to use the Daryl rope. Please don't tell my wife I told you.
Al
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
Ladies and Gentleman...Krissy has left the building.....
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Help me! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL