The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Hello! help me please! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

swisho
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of swisho
I posted this in a different forum, by accident, sorry! I am new here!!!

Hi, my name is krissy and I am a video artist from madison, wi. I want to do a video piece where I am tied up and I escape. I just want my hands a feet to be tied, do you have any ideas of knots that I could use and tecniques to get out of the ropes? what kind of ropes should I use? I know this seems like kind of a daring feat for someone with no experiance, but I am just looking for something simple. any ideas???
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
What I want to know is when I went on to your profile it says you have posted 2.57 messages per day, yet this is your second of only 2 messages and you joined today. How???

Roslyn
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
KerryJK
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
621 Posts

Profile of KerryJK
For a video project, I can think of a few suitable ties/techniques, but can't really go into detail on an open forum (in any case, I'd like to know a bit more about the specific project you have in mind). PM me with more details and I'll help if I can.
swisho
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of swisho
Thanks guys for the help so far! sorry to ask this dumb question, but I looked in the forum and it seems like you guys are pros and doing all sorts of crazy stuff! (good for you, you guys seem to have all this stuff down!)i figured you guys would be the ones to ask!

I have NO experience in magic, and I have been known to be kind of a doofus when it come to knots! GREAT! I KNOW!
anywho, I am just looking for something simple, I want it to look like I was kidnapped or something and tied up with a blindfold and tape on my mouth. I will be in a small closet (i am a small girl) so there won't be a ton of room to work in.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Hi Kerry,

I suggest that you head over to Clyde's ebay shop and go for the chain restraint. It's reasonably cheap at $9.95, will work well in a confined space and most importantly is made from stuff everyone knows about and have used to secure stuff (ie chain and padlocks). Oh, and you don't need to see what you're doing to get out of it.

I can personally vouch for Clyde's equipment as I've bought and use some of it myself.

I hope this helps.

Roslyn
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Kerry there is a Lot that you can do. with rope chains cuffs etc. Don,
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Hello! help me please! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL