The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » My Film scores again!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6417 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2014-01-16 11:27, balducci wrote:
Where were these lawyers of yours located? Do you think some or many begged off because if they took your case, they would lose business from big players in the industry?

That I don't know. I know that when they started they were all excited. As I kept handing more and more evidence they got more and more excited about the case. Each lawyer basically told me it was going to be slam dunk with all the evidence.

Then, either after weeks or months, I would suddenly be told it wasn't for them and I should get someone else. Now some friends surmised that maybe they took the case to the other side and the other side paid them off to go away. I don't know that and I'm not the conspiracy theory type. Also I'm a bit logical. I would think that after the first or second lawyer was paid off this secret company would just come to me and pay me off so I didn't get any more lawyers.

I can't tell you what was happening behind the scenes so it's all just a theory. Oh and one of the last lawyers was not here in Hollywood, but an East Coast lawyer.

Like I said, I don't know why they decide against going through it and why they were so excited in the beginning.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5015 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2014-01-14 12:35, Greg Arce wrote:
I guess, thanks, but you guys are not reading the story. This original thread was years ago.

Umm...yeah. I guess my congratulations could be interpreted either as stupidity or remote-precognition-clairvoyance-mindreading-hypnosis positive thinking.
I firmly stand on the fact that it was one of those.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6417 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2014-01-16 11:43, landmark wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-01-14 12:35, Greg Arce wrote:
I guess, thanks, but you guys are not reading the story. This original thread was years ago.

Umm...yeah. I guess my congratulations could be interpreted either as stupidity or remote-precognition-clairvoyance-mindreading-hypnosis positive thinking.
I firmly stand on the fact that it was one of those.

No worries. I didn't know where to put this new story so I found this old thread. I can see how easily it could be read the other way if you just happen to come upon it.

Greg
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Oh god, I finally looked at the date of the OP. I really thought that this was a new thread on an old topic. Bl;ush.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
longhaired1
View Profile
Veteran user
Salida
314 Posts

Profile of longhaired1
Fascinating story Greg. Sorry you got so royally screwed. I had a thought of how great it would be if a studio picked up your film, re-made it with a massive budget and marketed it as "Before There Was Saw There Was Den". Just capitalize on the Saw franchise with a tag line that is indisputable.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6417 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2014-01-17 13:23, longhaired1 wrote:
Fascinating story Greg. Sorry you got so royally screwed. I had a thought of how great it would be if a studio picked up your film, re-made it with a massive budget and marketed it as "Before There Was Saw There Was Den". Just capitalize on the Saw franchise with a tag line that is indisputable.

Believe it or not, a few people have said the same thing. I don't think the studios will ever touch my film because that would show they are admitting to it. I think it's a lost cause and the big guy won. Oh, well.

Greg
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
" I think it's a lost cause and the big guy won. Oh, well. "

I suppose you could say the little guy won. After all, the guys that copied your movie were little guys before they struck it rich with your idea!

I worked for a short time with Oren Peli, the guy that wrote and directed Paranormal Activity. I always thought it was pretty cool that I knew this guy who became extremely successful with his movie. I hope I never hear that he stole the idea from someone!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » My Film scores again!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL