The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Garrett Thomas (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
solidglint
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
212 Posts

Profile of solidglint
Just came across this 3 DVD set 'Inside The Mind Of Garrett Thomas' from L&L.
Who is Garrett Thomas? Looks like he has some great ideas.
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1474 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
I attended his lecture/performance at the Deceptions Convention a couple years ago. He's a very talented and creative close-up magician, with some really startling presentations. He has some stuff that might be appealing to mentalists as well, such as a very effective "think of any card you see" handling. (I'll probably buy that volume, just to study his work on that subject alone.)

Ben Blau
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
He's a very skilled guy. He's got some foolers, that's for sure. His tenkai jumbo coin work is nrilliant.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
These 3 DVDs by Garrett Thomas will be coming out at the end of October with the new Richard Osterlind DVDs discussed elsewhere. I have been fortunate enough to see a prerelease copy and these are fabulous! They include some of Garrett's most talked about pieces previously released such as the Big Coin Little Purse but in AMAZINGLY detailed explanation with new updates. Also included is a LOT of brand new material never before revealed by Garrett. In my opinion one of the highlights is his Brass Block - a great card to matchbox routine with a great call back. This routine had people screaming. Garrett uses it all of the time in his professional work.

If you have not heard of Garrett you will be VERY happy with these DVDs, if you already know Garrett and have seen his work, you will undoubtedly already want these. Don't miss these or the new Osterlind DVDs- both really excellent releases!

Tim Trono
zallen
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of zallen
Garret's other work is great. His Ring Thing (I believe that's the name of it) is just phenomenal. An anytime, anywhere miracle that requires only a ring. Good stuff.
Mark Ennis
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC
1030 Posts

Profile of Mark Ennis
Garret Thomas is a sensational performer. His material is very commercial and his sleight of hand is beautiful. I didn't realize that L & L was releasing his stuff but if he performs at half of the capability he displayed at his lecture I saw a couple of years ago, these DVD's would still be worth their weight in gold.
ME
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2668 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Garret is great. Puts a lot of thought into his effects. He has an older tape out that's very good.
Tom
Alex Linian
View Profile
Inner circle
Peru
1278 Posts

Profile of Alex Linian
Do yourself a favor and get these. Every single item on these DVDs is great.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2317 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I will be getting these. He has some GREAT coin magic. One of the best thing's I've learned in magic was Garrett's "Big Coin, Little Purse." That routine has to be one of the greatest ever in my book. It just looks so impossible watching that jumbo coin go in and out of that tiny purse. And it is so easy to master! I think he has great ideas on magic psychology. I hope this DVD set will cover more of his thinking. Unfortunately, my copy of his VHS tape had bad audio. So it would fade in and out on some stuff. But other than that, his magic is totally worth checking out.

Brian
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
The Garrett Thomas and Richard Osterlind DVDs arrived at Murphy's today so they should be available at your favorite dealer any day. Both sets are really worth getting. Great stuff.

Tim Trono
asper
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

Profile of asper
The Ring Thing is going to be sold as a separate DVD. It's currently taught on GT's video which was released a few years ago. David Blaine is going to do the ring thing on his next special. Then the DVD will be released after that, and then, every kid is going to be doing the Ring Thing.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I have never seen his ring thing, I would like to know where to get this.
Also his Hanging coins effect is really sweet. My only issue with it is he says he doesn't use soft coins which makes it a bit harder to get away with. I know he is teaching this on his set, Does anyone else perform this effect that might enlighten me?
Im waiting on the Osterlind set but I will get these after I looked through the Osterlind ones.
andrelimantara
View Profile
Special user
Surabaya, Indonesia
869 Posts

Profile of andrelimantara
I've heard as well that this DVDs are great.
I read the trick review on LL.
Looking forward for review
"Good performance comes from good practice, Great performance comes from the heart - Andre Limantara"
Alex Linian
View Profile
Inner circle
Peru
1278 Posts

Profile of Alex Linian
You can find an explanation of his ring thing in his "Any Questions?" video. It will also be explained in an upcoming DVD that will be only about awesome ring effects. Yes, everyone will be doing this.

Prediction: In a couple years, you will be able to tell a magician from a laymen because of the ring on their finger.
shaunproof
View Profile
Loyal user
Parts Unknown
227 Posts

Profile of shaunproof
So, if everyone will be doing it, why jump on the bandwagon?
Sean Macfarlane
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of Sean Macfarlane
***, ....I've been doing this for a while...it kills. Bummer. Had to happen sooner or later, I guess.
Alex Linian
View Profile
Inner circle
Peru
1278 Posts

Profile of Alex Linian
I feel the same way Sean
magicah123
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of magicah123
What skill level are thomas's new dvds?

Thanks
Alex Linian
View Profile
Inner circle
Peru
1278 Posts

Profile of Alex Linian
The difficulty level ranges from almost self-working effects (14 cents) to manipulation pieces (Ball in Bag). There is something for everyone.
magiCAD
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
166 Posts

Profile of magiCAD
I'm guilty of having an index finger ring. I've seen him live and he is superb.
-Rich
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Garrett Thomas (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL