The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Garrett Thomas (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Joe Russell
View Profile
Veteran user
Buffalo NY
397 Posts

Profile of Joe Russell
GARETT THOMAS COULD POSSIBLY BE THE GREATEST CLOSE UP PERFORMER OF ALL TIME. His magic is so well thought out and every single move he does from the expression on his face to the positioning of his toes has a reason and a purpose, his magic is so natural and smooth, he relates to his audience so well that it feels like everyones included and part of something special. If there is one set of DVD's you buy for the rest of your life make it these ones.
Who is Tattoo Joe?
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1264 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
After watching 25 years of magicians, it's significant to this conversation that Garrett is one of my top 10 favorite magicians.

Along with what Joe and others have said, for me it's a mix of personality, deep thinking, extreme attention to detail, great hands, excellent presentations, and powerful effects.

I first met Garrett at one of the LVMIs and was blown away. You will not be disappointed. And if you have to practice, well that's a GOOD thing!

Steve H
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
One thing who know ahead of time if his set of DVD's are going to require gimmicks? I mean I know about the shell set but is there anything else?
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
Quote:
On 2005-10-16 11:10, MagicChris wrote:
He's a very skilled guy. He's got some foolers, that's for sure. His tenkai jumbo coin work is nrilliant.

Does anyone know if this jumbo work is on any of these new dvds?

Also, GTs "Ring thing" appears on Greg Wilson's "In Action" Vol 3...
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
Alex Linian
View Profile
Inner circle
Peru
1278 Posts

Profile of Alex Linian
His skillz with jumbo coins are displayed in his "big coin little purse" routine in Vol. 1. Also, the "ring thing" can look a lot better than what you saw in Gregory Wilson's Hands.
Alejandro Peterson
View Profile
Elite user
México
408 Posts

Profile of Alejandro Peterson
I ordered my set and I will post a review as soon as I can
Alex Linian
View Profile
Inner circle
Peru
1278 Posts

Profile of Alex Linian
If anyone is interested in getting autographed copies directly from Garrett, PM me.
Alex Linian
View Profile
Inner circle
Peru
1278 Posts

Profile of Alex Linian
By the way, to see the contents on these DVD's and for a demo go to LLpub.com
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1712 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
Garrett is an awesome perforemr and as an Englishman, I don't use the word 'awesome' a lot. I have met him a couple of times and he is not only a great magician but a real nice guy too. His Big Coin Little Purse rouitne is one of the top magical thigns I have ever seen. He showcased some of the routines from the DVD at 4F. His ball & Bag routine should be something that could rival the Egg Bag for some people. I will definitely be getting the set.

Jon

p.s. Garrett also knows the place to get *THE* best chicken wings!
Paragon 3D - the most incredible Card to Clear Box you will ever own. Be fooled here: http://youtu.be/GQxRZ1OGkUo
The Silent Treatment - Digital Edition: this iconic routine just got upgraded! Watch - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=phTDUhX0m9o
Order the bar-raising DVD set 'Connection' at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
solidglint
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
212 Posts

Profile of solidglint
Thank you for all the replies, I have since ordered and recieved the Garrett Thomas dvd's. These dvd's are awesome! Such a treat to discover such a fine
magician, as I had never heard of him it was a risky purchase. Order these you
will not be disappointed.

I will post a short review later, no time now. Cheers

Jonathan
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Ok does anyone know if he has a site? Alex the E-mail you gave me didn't work.
Alex Linian
View Profile
Inner circle
Peru
1278 Posts

Profile of Alex Linian
Sorry, It's SammyB654@aol.com
A website is in his near future plans.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1923 Posts

Profile of Daren
Any reviews yet?
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Nope still waiting to hear from him. But I beleave one guy on here said he got his already.
Alejandro Peterson
View Profile
Elite user
México
408 Posts

Profile of Alejandro Peterson
I ordered mine last saturday from hocus pocus and they do not ship my set at this time, so I think they don't have the set available to ship, because they sent me an email explaining that they will ship as soon as posible
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1417 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
The routine "Thought" (design duplication) is awsome on volume 2.I wonder which wallet he uses in this trick???

The "Brass Block " routine is also great on volume 3.
I know now what to do with my brass block trick lying in my drawer.
Alex Linian
View Profile
Inner circle
Peru
1278 Posts

Profile of Alex Linian
Quote:
On 2005-10-31 20:35, RIVARDJLR wrote:
The routine "Thought" (design duplication) is awsome on volume 2.I wonder which wallet he uses in this trick???

The "Brass Block " routine is also great on volume 3.
I know now what to do with my brass block trick lying in my drawer.

If you have any questions fro Garrett, his e-mail is SammyB654@aol.com
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3969 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I'm going to get volume 3. What do I need to buy for the Brass Block routine?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2005-10-21 17:55, Joe Russell wrote:
GARETT THOMAS COULD POSSIBLY BE THE GREATEST CLOSE UP PERFORMER OF ALL TIME. His magic is so well thought out and every single move he does from the expression on his face to the positioning of his toes has a reason and a purpose, his magic is so natural and smooth, he relates to his audience so well that it feels like everyones included and part of something special. If there is one set of DVD's you buy for the rest of your life make it these ones.

He's a great magician, but the "GREATEST CLOSE UP PERFORMER OF ALL TIME"? Time will tell that, as it's much to early to hang that distinction on him.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1417 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Quote:
On 2005-11-02 19:01, emyers99 wrote:
I'm going to get volume 3. What do I need to buy for the Brass Block routine?

You only have to buy the Brass Block trick.It is a full routine ending with a chosen card in the matchbox in place of the Brass Block.Clever.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Garrett Thomas (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL