The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Help Needed! - Photos and Slides (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi all

I am putting on an exibition/show in early 2002 and need to find slides of sideshow acts, sideshow banners and any related subject. These seem pretty hard to come by and I wonder if anyone here could help.

If anyone here has ANYTHING that may be of use I will be happy to pay for copies to be made and the postage, or they could be sent to me and I will have them copied myself and return them asap.

Please get in touch by PM or email at:

straitjacketguy@msn.com

Thanks everyone

Duncan
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Missing_Link
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of Missing_Link
Duncan

I don't have anything myself...

If you can get hold of copies of Shocked And Amazed (James Taylor), then you'll have plenty of material.

I know the most recent edition of Memoirs of a Sword Swallower by Daniel Mannix has some vintage midway photographs.

Another place to ask is the Sideshows newsgroup: it's a Yahoo group and you'll find it here http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sideshows/ This is a great group, plenty of sideshow performers and historians are members, including James Taylor and Todd Robbins.

Have a look at the Coney Island website too.

Cheers

ML
Peelz
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Peelz
You could also try lookin in the Oldies.. but goodies section here at the Café, Or post in the lets make a magic deal section. Just a thought
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Hello Straitjack Guy
Put up a post here,I'm sure you will find help.
http://www.sideshow-freaks.com/sideshow_......ault.htm
I worked side shows back in the 70's,blockhead,fire eating,pitched blade box and bally.I'll try to look up some of the guys I still know and see what they can dig up,and PM you.
Have a good day,
Don
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi all

Thanks to all who have helped so far. I will put a message up at the Magic deal section. Good idea Peelz Smile

I have also joined the yahoo group on your suggestion ML. Very nice! Some great stuff to be found there.

I am about to answer your PM Don.

Duncan
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
Hey! The Becker collection at Syracuse University has a special collection of photographs, books, pamphlets of freaks and sideshow stuff. Thousands of pics from Eisenman and lots of cool stuff. I went there to research for myself.
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi Ellen.

Bit of a journey from England I am afraid Smile

It sounds like an excellent place though. Thanks for the tip off.

Duncan

My Website
Add me on facebook
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Hey SJ,

Can you email me the new site link? X-Treem was mentioning it...
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Hi I have a massive ammount of Sideshow related items if you could get to me South UK you are welcome to sort through it OK. Ken.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Help Needed! - Photos and Slides (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL