The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Daryl's new Fooler Doolers DVDs - Requesting Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

negrette
View Profile
Regular user
Washington, DC
178 Posts

Profile of negrette
Hello all, I'm requesting a review of Daryl's new DVD set recently released titled Fooler Doolers. If anyone has these, what do you think of them? What kind of tricks are basically taught? Card tricks, gaffed tricks? Thanks.
Mallusionist definition of the Simple force: The cards are fanned and if the spectator tries to take the wrong card, the magician holds onto the deck really, really tight.
http://www.mallusionist.com
Neuromancer
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Neuromancer
yea, would be interested in a review, too. Since I'm a big fan of Daryl (and his teaching methods) ... anyone can give some comments?
cya

Neuromancer
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
I attented recently magic convention where Daryl lectured and performed and he taught or did most of the stuff from DVDs. There wasn´t nothing special. The best tricks from the tapes require you to buy them from your local magic shop. There is also quite many things that Daryl has already put on his rope magic serie
Mark Ennis
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC
1031 Posts

Profile of Mark Ennis
I noticed that Daryl has a new set of DVD's out. What's it been? About 3 weeks since his last series came out?

Daryl does some pretty solid magic so there is probably some decent stuff on the DVDs.
ME
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
The contents of the DVD's are as follows, a lot of it can be found elsewhere of course. I'm surprised they were able to get permission to include Sam Schwartz's Back Flip, as Sam didn't want to release or say anything before release of the book on him expected out around January 2003. I was in touch with him regarding my book "Small But Deadly". Anyway,the content of these videos/dvd's is as follows:
Fooler Doolers 1-3 on DVD & Video with Daryl *

Each volume contains a variety of close-up, cabaret and impromptu magic, each volume also begins with approximately 30 minutes of Daryl performing these as a show which could be shared with non-magician friends and family.

Volume One contains
* Bennett's Boner (Horace Bennett)
* Instantaneous Knot
* Pretzel Knot
* Dai Vernon's Climax to a Dice Routine (Dai Vernon)
* Daryl's Color Changing Knives (Daryl)
* Four of a Kind (Dai Vernon)
* The Trick Question (Brother John Hamman, Daryl)
* Chinese Laundryman (Eric D. Widger)
* Mystery of the Traveling Marbles (Silent Mora, Daryl)
* As Many and As Much As You (Jon Racherbaumer, Daryl)
* Sponge Ball Routine (Daryl) Cup and Ball (Daryl)

Volume Two Contains:

* The Moveless Miracle.
* Chinese Matches (Dai Vernon)
* Vanishing and Reappearing Knots (Daryl)
* Spectral Silk (J.C. Wagner)
* Milliken's Transposition (Harry Milliken)
* The Hindu Thread Trick (Al Baker)
* Matched Spellout (Dai Vernon)
* Rope Decapitation (Tenkai)
* Ropes Through Body (Harold Rice, Daryl)
* Dicey Dots (Daryl)
* Moveless Miracle (Daryl)
* Ring, Rope, Wand (Charlie Miller, Daryl)
* A Knotty Problem (Al Baker, Daryl)

Volume Three contains:

* Peter Rabbit Hits the Big Time (Daryl)
* Four Dice Chink-A-Chink (Bob Barrell)Follow the Leader (Dai
* Vernon, Tom Bowers, Daryl)
* Three to One Ropes (Martin Lewis, Daryl)
* The Tenkai Pennies (Tenkai)
* Sliding Knot (Mike Tannen, Daryl)
* Back Flip (Sam Schwartz)
* Sack's Dice Routine (Dr. Sack)
* Bracelet and Rope Routine (Tony Anverdi, Jack Chanin, Rick
* Johnsson, Flip, Daryl)
* Penetrating Matches (Martin Gardner)
* Pyro-Maniact (Karrell Fox)
* Crossed Thought

Anyone that's been around a while will have come across a lot of this stuff along the trail. For people new(ish) to magic, you will probably find stuff you can use here, there are some good routines listed.

Paul.
RC4MAG
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of RC4MAG
Quote:
On 2002-11-07 08:28, Paul wrote:
I'm surprised they were able to get permission to include Sam Schwartz's Back Flip, as Sam didn't want to release or say anything before release of the book on him expected out around January
Paul.

I just spoke to Sam, he says He is flattered and everyone is welcome to BlackFlip. He is especially happy with Randy Wakeman's "Backs to the future".
Jeff S.
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Jeff S.
I'd say these are great for less experienced magicians.
major
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of major
Has anyone seen Daryls' "Moveless Miracle?" Can this be performed with a borrowed deck?
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Quote:
On 2002-11-07 14:05, RC4MAG wrote:
Quote:
On 2002-11-07 08:28, Paul wrote:
I'm surprised they were able to get permission to include Sam Schwartz's Back Flip, as Sam didn't want to release or say anything before release of the book on him expected out around January
Paul.

I just spoke to Sam, he says He is flattered and everyone is welcome to BlackFlip. He is especially happy with Randy Wakeman's "Backs to the future".

He told me in a letter his publishers didn't want him to pass on any information prior to his book coming out. Whatever, "Back Flip" is a great trick. Ask him if his book is still on schedule.

Paul.
dAvId tOnG
View Profile
Regular user
sInGaPoRe
103 Posts

Profile of dAvId tOnG
"Moveless Miracle" is performed with a gaff added to the pack. So if yo want to perform with a borrowed deck, you will have to "add it in" via your favourite methods Smile But it is easy to do and it is really a MIRACLE.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Chazpro has all three vhs on their specials page. Quite afew 50% off books too.

I don't have any connection, Just an FYI.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Daryl's new Fooler Doolers DVDs - Requesting Review (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL