The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » The Rope Ends (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

PennyMagic4U
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of PennyMagic4U
I worked up a new set of ropes this weekend. Having viewed the Fiber Optics. Used the numbers he suggested. WARNING - make sure you cut a little longer then you want. After preparing the ends with glue - they came up a little shorter than I had imagined. Found out early enough to make the change without too much trouble. Anyone else have this issue?
PennyMagic4U by Jerry Penny
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
The number he suggest are really just estimates, each performer will be different by MANY inches(tabary works with a really huge piece at the end) and if you are taller with big hands you'll want longer ropes, if shorter with small hands you'll want smaller...

So I wouldn't be too worried if the size varied from what he said on the tape, because it really is just a guideline estimate.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Remember that the audience sees the whole you, rope and all. Don't use more than you can comfortably handle or too little to make the presentations clear.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Cartelli
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of Cartelli
I prepare the ends of the rope like this: Cut the ends with a sharp scissors.
Dip the a little (1/4 inch) in glue. Cut again a little. This will not shorten the ends.
JackScratch
View Profile
Inner circle
2151 Posts

Profile of JackScratch
You should also think about learning Cliford W. Ashley's "Constrictor Knot". Very handy for whiping the ends of rope and cord.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » The Rope Ends (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL