The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Star Wars Vs. Lord of the Rings (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
I can't stand either of them!
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
Star Wars 4, 5, and 6! Still the best!

Star Wars 1 (passable)

Star Wars 2 (forgettable)

Star Wars 3 (laughable)
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2464 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
My favorites:

Wagner's Ring cycle, which Tolkein got most of his ideas from, and Flash Gordon, where Star Wars emerged pretty much unaltered from.
revlovejoy
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania
765 Posts

Profile of revlovejoy
The Flash Gordon movie from the 80s is a wonderful piece of so-bad-it's-goodness. I have the Queen soundtrack.

History will bear out that the real battle for the ages will be Waterworld vs Battlefield Earth vs Snakes on a Plane.
magicman226
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, Texas
234 Posts

Profile of magicman226
Lord of the rings got old for me. I havent even seen the last one. star wars is definitely better for me. my favorites in order of best to worst (actually no, because star wars is not worst, just not as good) are 6, tie of 3 and 4, 5, 1, 2.
thePyramidWithin
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of thePyramidWithin
Star wars win's my vote.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
In my unnecessary opinion, I would say I liked the "Star Wars" MOVIES best over LOTR by an wide margin, as wide as the sea from Middle Earth to Valinor, or perhaps from the Sea of Nurnen from the seat of Ea (That particular worlds God)..... Although I am frustrated that he never enlightened us as to who Tom Bombadil is.

In terms of story, I like the world that I have derived from Tolkien better by far than the world of Star Wars.

I despised the LOTR movies, if only because they flew in the face of my obsessive picture of that world and the happenstance of the time. PLEASE don't make a movie of the Silmarillion or the Unwritten Tales! Beren and Luthien must remain intact. Otherwise may the Hound of Morgoth take thee as he did the Silmarill and hand of Beren.

I feel a lot better having gotten that lameness out of my system.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Geronimo
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of Geronimo
I don't remember the words "Let's hunt some Ork!" from the book.

"Mossy boughed trees strangled with ivy" that's better.

B
Give me back my head!
The Scary Librarian
View Profile
New user
Canada
32 Posts

Profile of The Scary Librarian
Star Wars: A New Hope

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.

Both of the series are equally good, although I have am partial to Star Wars because I grew up with it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Star Wars Vs. Lord of the Rings (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL