The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Anyone here use Touchable bubbles before ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cupmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of cupmagic
Hi guys,

I wonder if anyone had used touchable bubbles before..?

I thought of using touchable bubbles for my performance..

Does the bubble able to handle well ? Another word juggle easily without bursting the bubble ?

How long can the touchable bubble last if left untouchable...

Does it burst easily ?

Does it able to float like normal bubble ?

DOes it looks like normal bubble or looks more gloss due to more soapy content ?

I hope someone can answer me these questions.

Thanks
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Just noticed Hocus Pocus site has 'Bouncing Bubble Solution'. Might be a good addition to any bubble effects. Particularly useful to those using Losander's bubble effects. According to ad copy, these can be handled quite easily without bursting.
cupmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of cupmagic
Thanks for the advice randy..

I heard from my friends that there is a place over here sold such stuff as touchable bubbles.

I might get one and try it out...Once I get the review I will post here as a guide for others for reference.

Thanks again randy for the help
Sal Amangka
View Profile
Special user
Manila, Philippines
711 Posts

Profile of Sal Amangka
Hi Peeps,

I once got hold of these bubble solution when I went to Hong Kong. A friend of mine also gave me one as well. It was not sold at a magic shop. They just bought it from some toy store or gift shop. The solutionis a bit sticky.

Sal
Salamangka in Filipino means "Magic"
http://www.thechubstershow.com
thechubstershow@gmail.com
cupmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of cupmagic
So did you play along with that Sal ?

Does it burst easily ? if you juggle around ?

Does it stay for sometimes if you leave unattended ?

Well still got no time to get that stuff ! ***.
raycrowe
View Profile
New user
Australia
15 Posts

Profile of raycrowe
Cupmagic,

I have played with the touchable bubbles, for what I needed they where perfect.

In my country they are available in every kids store they only cost a few dollars, my guess in any country they are very cheap, there are cheaper versions as well... my suggestion is you simply buy some and see if they do what you wish... 1 minute playing with them will tell you everything you have asked.

Good luck I hope they do what you wish.
"More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness." Chaplin
cupmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of cupmagic
Hi Ray and Sal,

I hope that the touchable bubbles is not those kind of paste look type that looks like mini toothpaste and the substance is kind of transparent rubbery gum...Where it is inflated with kinda mini straw. This kind of bubble when you burst it will remain the residue of the rubber residue.

What I m looking for of touchable bubble is those that is exactly like normal bubble that is in water solution but the bubble is touchable and handle well. When it burst the bubble will disappear like a normal bubble.

Hope that touchable bubbles is the kind that I describe like normal bubbles with water solution.
yanyak5
View Profile
Regular user
Delaware
186 Posts

Profile of yanyak5
They do sell touchable bubbles at walmart in the toy section...I saw them just the other day...check it out...
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Quote:
On 2005-10-21 03:40, cupmagic wrote:
I hope that the touchable bubbles is not those kind of paste look type that looks like mini toothpaste and the substance is kind of transparent rubbery gum...Where it is inflated with kinda mini straw.

The touchable bubble I referred to is not that variety. Yeah I recall those as I played with them as a kid and they are fun. And boy! talk about toxic. The touchable bubble I came across is water based.

I also tried making my own with a recipe on the net. Using jello-gelatin and a specific combination of dishwashing soap (Dawn being highly recommended) I was able to achieve some sort of concoction that worked. These bubbles could be handled with care and the majority of those that fell to the floor didn't burst. Some would actually roll around on the carpet!

The reason I had looked into this was I planned on combining them with some of Losander's floating bubble effects. I soon moved away from the idea as even the slightest draft in a room will make the bubble unmanageable. A ceiling fan would certainly screw everything up. Not having guaranteed control over central air operations or fans, I couldn't take that chance.
Sal Amangka
View Profile
Special user
Manila, Philippines
711 Posts

Profile of Sal Amangka
Cupmagic,

I've experimented with it for quite sometime but haven't use it in my show. The quality of the bubble is also different because this one is a bit sticky.

If you are looking for playing real bubbles... Then you have to come up with your own bubble solution wherein you can play with it. I've seen several videos of a performer named MASK. He has a great bubble show and magic show rolled into one. Try to search the net for this guy.

Hope this helps.

Sal
Salamangka in Filipino means "Magic"
http://www.thechubstershow.com
thechubstershow@gmail.com
mrmystic
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
200 Posts

Profile of mrmystic
I use it for walk around, after I catch a bubble (marble) I ask the kids if they want to catch one. I tell them to hold out one finger and I blow several little touchable bubbles. Little Kids love it.
cupmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of cupmagic
Well guys I finally gotten the touchable bubbles..here is my review..

Its great to get hold of the touchable bubbles. But its such a disappointment..I blew the bubbles about they are not touchable. Once the bubbles land on my hands it 'pops' Its so fustration. As the packaging states that the bubbles is touchable and stackable. But as I decied to play with the bubbles just blowing at it. Bubbles floats everywhere it lands on the walls and celling and floor. To my surprise it landed with perfect condition of the bubble shape. I was suprise but the funny part was that the bubbles just won't land on my hands.

I tried a million times but the result turns up to be the same..Its not able to touch/land on hands or body parts..its just pops when it touchs the skin.

*** ...I wonder whats next so I can carry on my search.
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
I have found that there are very distinct quality differences in the bubble solutions.
I will check out WalMarts. Didn't know they have it.
I have gotten mine from Jeff McBrides website in the past. It is a good quality
solution.
Daniel Faith
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of icentertainment
Shake the solution to mix it up before you blow

Also if your fingers area little moist it will help- you can also add a little bit of the solution to your fingers.
esther_scheffer
View Profile
Veteran user
the netherlands
316 Posts

Profile of esther_scheffer
".... I tried a million times but the result turns up to be the same..Its not able to touch/land on hands or body parts..its just pops when it touchs the skin."

Cupmagic, I think you should wear gloves.
David Bilan
View Profile
Special user
Clarksville, TN
715 Posts

Profile of David Bilan
The solution I use has to beexposed to the air to "harden". I blow the bubbles, fan them up and out. The is a parlour trick. Kids catch the bubbles and they do stay intact. Of course my glass bubble lasts longest...

The problem with this solution is it leaves a sticky residue on walls, carpet, and clothes. Comments about drafts are very true. I did a show where the stage (unknown to me) was directly in fromnt of the air return. The system cut on just as I blew the bubbles, which were immediately sucked behind me off stage.

The vanishing bubble illusion wasn't qute as impressive...
Yes, I am a magician. No I did not make my hare (hair) disappear... it just took early retirement.
Silvernail
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Silvernail
It can be handled without fear of bursting!
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1733 Posts

Profile of wally
Anyone got a strong bubble solution, I want to catch it. there one solution where you add a polymer, help please. magicwalsh@gmail.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Anyone here use Touchable bubbles before ? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL