The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Who was first? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11158 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2005-10-27 13:34, Pete Biro wrote:
Mr. Baker (and others) if you read the Hyroglyphics above the two bakers, you will see they are molding bread.

BTW, great to post that image here... You win my "Best message of the month" award.

Yes, sir! I am familiar with the "corrected" meaning of the image from the tomb. It's earlier, mistaken symbolism just somehow seemed to fit here, with that question of "Who was first?"

...and thank you! I will treasure my award! Smile

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3607 Posts

Profile of Kondini
I think the Culpitt book contained most of what Percy used to do street wise,,,a slim tome but full of the basics for street magic.

Having met Percy only a few times (At the Punch do and with Brookie when he worked for Stanley in Berwick Street)I think that his magic vanished as he became more known for the P&J.

On the other hand Jimmy Haviland was working full tilt at this time.

Posted: Oct 28, 2005 1:57pm
-----------------------------------------
Also a few years later I was useing Pete`s Peeper as an opener,,,,now I wonder who invented that!!!!
Worked pretty good on the streets of London.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I gotta make more Peepers and get them out... thanks... yes Percy Press was THE MAN... and a great Punch Worker for sure. Charlie Edwards... I still have one of his pitch books!
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Brandmagic
View Profile
New user
London
12 Posts

Profile of Brandmagic
I've been a professional street performer for almost 15 years and yes I owe a lot to Gazzo, and Cellini. In truth I saw Gazzo do his C&B's on the International Magic Competition tape when I started, and of the lines I use now only one of them came from that, (and I changed the punch line to suit my style). Over the years of working with some of the best street performers in the world I have seen different takes on lots of generic street lines, and I have adapted some of those in my routines, that's what works on the street. I hope that I am original enough in the way I present all the material I do, unique to me or not, (and a lot of it is my own), to distinguish me from the non-thinkers who simply plough through other peoples material because they paid for it. So to put it in perspective, Cellini was first and is the best street magician I know. Gazzo followed, the best street performer I know. Nick Nicholas and Gary Animal both great street performers who do magic preceeded me. As for me I hope I can match a fraction of what these guys did and do. Pete Wardell.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11158 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Mr. Wardell, that is an honorable first post! I hope I have the pleasure of watching you work one day.

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1656 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Dick Turpin was before any of those guys, but they hung him.
Less than 2% of reported UFO's turn out to be actual interplanetary vehicles.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24222 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2005-10-21 14:04, Michael Baker wrote:
So, which one is Peter and which one is Gazzo??

Neither one, unless Gazzo and Wardell are breadmakers.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Magic.J.Manuel
View Profile
Special user
I have danced upon
664 Posts

Profile of Magic.J.Manuel
Were they baking bread, or was bread their final loads?
The guy on the right is obviously palming a small dough ball,
and the loafs, (loads), could not fit in the cups.

Or maybe this is the first fingertip levitation of a bread mold.

It's interesting that both Pete and Bill can read glyphs.

I hate people that expose themselves in public too, magically or otherwise, except hot chicks.

OK, not too funny, but you chuckled. Smile

So were these pics from pre-biblical Egypt?
Was Moses the "First" magician, or those he showed-up?
Is a street vendor palming a coin to short change a customer a magician?

I just read the "Magician and the Cardsharp", which drove home the fact that some of the best slight of hand mechanics were cheating people out of money and very difficult to find and document.
Nothing would get done at all, if man waited so long that no one could find fault with it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Who was first? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL