The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » So What's "your" Problem?! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1939 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Neile,
Welcome to the board and I couldn't agree more.
Peace,
Parson

But then, as a whole, I like kids better than grown ups.
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
ryansmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Reading, PA
147 Posts

Profile of ryansmagic
Quote:
On 2005-10-31 13:49, Neale Bacon wrote:
My biggest one is other magicians that look down on magicians who specialize in kid's magic.

Great point, but I will take it one step further.
How about magicians who look down on other magicians. Magician on Magician crime how sad Smile

Harry Murphy-
I know what you are saying about searching about an old topic.
But my point as a regular reader/limited poster on the Café is: I think it would be better to have another discussion about a topic rather than search old threads for a few reasons.
1.Not everybody has the time to read everythin on here
2.New people,
3.Communication I personally would rather interact than read old thoughts.
Ryan Parsons
[email]ryanparsons@comcast.net[/email]
http://www.magicformiracles.com
Fescue
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Fescue
Having just turned 53 and only a year into my "magical" education I have a problem with wanting to learn too much too quickly. I am learning to become content with the enjoyment I derive from practice.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24306 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2005-10-31 20:10, ryansmagic wrote:
I know what you are saying about searching about an old topic.
But my point as a regular reader/limited poster on the Café is: I think it would be better to have another discussion about a topic rather than search old threads for a few reasons.
1.Not everybody has the time to read everythin on here
2.New people,
3.Communication I personally would rather interact than read old thoughts.

If you use the search function, you can find an old thread and post a response to it. Then you have the advantage of the previous thoughts plus any new ones. Much of the time when someone starts a new topic before checking to see what has already been written, the very same topic is just a few threads below it in the forum.

And if you don't think that "old thoughts" are relevant, maybe you need to do a bit more reading. Much of the ripped-off material that is floating to the top of the retail market wouldn't even exist if people knew what was really new and what wasn't.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24306 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2005-10-26 13:50, Clark wrote:
(1) The fact that so many magicians fail to realize that they can take their magic very seriously...while at the same time not taking themselves so seriously.

Good point.

Quote:
(2)That so many would be "teachers" in magic try and place absolute rules to abide by into an art form that is essentially as diverse as everyone's own imagination.

The rules that most people post keep you from reinventing the wheel or from getting stuck in the middle of magic that goes nowhere. If you don't have a fundamental knowledge of magic, you can't do it well. If you don't have a fundamental knowledge of structure, you can't build an act. These "rules" aren't as fundamental as the law of universal gravitation, but they are based on watching acts fall apart on stage.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1939 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Bill,
You wrote : "Much of the ripped-off material that is floating to the top of the retail market wouldn't even exist if people knew what was really new and what wasn't."

Once again, my friend, you nailed it.
How was Germany?
Glad the windy season is over. I was tired of worrying about you.
Peace,
Parson
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4570 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2005-10-26 13:50, Clark wrote:

(2)That so many would be "teachers" in magic try and place absolute rules to abide by into an art form that is essentially as diverse as everyone's own imagination.

Rule #12

There is no one "right" way to properly perform magic but there are thousands of way to do it wrong.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » So What's "your" Problem?! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL