The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Magic Robot chat (Chatbot) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
This is just something I'm playing around with. It's a mini chat bot. Meaning it works like a chat but you are talking to an artificial intelligence program.

I'm trying to make it magic related. I got the idea from another site that has a tutor chatbot. Basically what I'm thinking is it'll be a place to ask questions and find references. For example if someone asks how to do a classic palm of a card it might answer with the name of a book that teaches it.

(careful what you say because I'll be able to read it in the log.. Smile )

At any rate it might be fun. So if you have a few minutes to kill check it out and ask some magic related questions. You won't get any accurate answers now. What I'm doing is checking the log and when I see a question I can answer I'll add it to the program. So the next person that asks a similar question will possibly get an accurate answer.

At any rate it might be fun. It's kind of neat how it works. Almost like you're talking to a real person. But the answers are kind of corny at the moment.

Click here to check it out.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Got a few conversation in there. Some of them asked some magic questions and I'm getting some of the answers put in there. (example: what is a thumb tip?) I'm sure it'll be an on going process.

Kind of strange using it isn't it. Can be funny at times but right now it can also be annoying. Just remember it's not a real person. It'll improve over time though.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Hey Ron, how do we know that YOU aren't a chatbot??? Smile
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
LOL Smile

The first time I used the program on someone elses site I wondered if it was a fake too. I wondered if I was talking to a real person pretending to be a robot. But now I know it's just a program because it works on my site 24/7.

Ron Jaxon

Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
There are questions that give it away, I had a dissjointed response to a question using emotive words.
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Man, that is really weird, my parents don't believe what it is. it is waiting as I write this right now!
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
That was amazing, he learned a bit from me! I cant believe how far we have come!
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I got there, asked it a question or two, then we got stuck between an umbrella and a card trick.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
620 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
Cool Ron.
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Yea, I know it's not very inforamtive. Maybe it never will be but I figured I'd give it a go. Probably be an on going experiment. Can be fun though. Can also be annoying. Luckily we can always close the window.. lol

Ron Jaxon

Eric Rose
View Profile
Regular user
Franklin, IN
160 Posts

Profile of Eric Rose
Well, the bot is ok - I let it take me off tangentially until it started endorsing me killing myself, but the best thing was your link to your homepage. I watched your demos. I was so tickled with "Change for a Dollar" that I bought the download right away. Now, please take it off your website so no one else can have it.

thanks,
e
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I hope you have fun with "Change for a Dollar". Let me know if you have any questions about it. Its a pretty fun one. I see you're in IN. I'm in Michigan. Maybe I'll see you at one fo the magic concentions int he area (Motor city close up, Abbots, Michgan Magic day, etc..)

Ron Jaxon

drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Ron,

My conversation wasn't very satisfactory. It reminds me of an old BASIC program called Eliza, a short program that was pretty good at sounding like a therapist.

Yours,

Paul
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Magic Robot chat (Chatbot) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL