The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Color change (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hobowill
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of hobowill
I just started magic a year ago and have recently learned a flourish called the Erdnase Color change. Can anyone familiar with this trick give me some tips to complete it with out worrying about if anyone can see the trick?
jayp
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of jayp
I do the change outjogged, as shown to me by Chris Williams (thankyou Chris!), anyway this kind of takes the heat off it, not that the was much there, but if your doing it the classic way you should be fine, your biggest problem would be worrying about it I expect, just practise it til the motions are smooth, may I ask where you learnt the colour change from?
hobowill
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of hobowill
The same person who suggested this site also informed me about ellusionist and how it had an instructional video showing the trick and him being one of the first magicians I have ever personaly witneced and a good friend I looked it up right away and stared practicing.
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
You can use this effect as a part of an Ambitious Card Routine. Go on practicing this move, because you can use it in many ways as a card revelation.

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Did you mean, "with out worrying about if anyone can see the color change?"
If so, the color change is pretty much angle proof when done well.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4454 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Thanks for the kind words Jayp. If you are interested in my version, give me a PM, I will make a video of it and send it to you. A lot of magicians prefer my method of the change and now use it in their card work
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
hobowill
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of hobowill
Dear chris, I am not familiar with your style of the color change, would you mind explaining the differences between it and other techniques.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4454 Posts

Well, the erdanese hange and the way most magicians show and explain it, is the card is out jogged, unknowingly to the spectator, then the card beneath is stolen out and rubbed on top and the cards are squared onto the deck, and the spectator shouldnt know you out jogged a card. My mthod, you ou jog the card, so they know it is, and you change it when it is out jogged. Makes more sense, watch the video and you will see what I mean

http://media.putfile.com/Erdanese
www.magicman13.co.uk

edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Christopher, I tried your link but got nothing. It would just keep on buffering???

edh
Magic is a vanishing art.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4454 Posts

Hmmm, others seemed to have viewed it, I couldn't watch a video on putfile earlier, could eba problem on the site
www.magicman13.co.uk

Roldero
View Profile
New user
Central Florida
34 Posts

Profile of Roldero
I was able to view the video. Maybe the site was busy, when you tried, and couldn't handle the traffic.

Very impressive, Christopher. I was fooled by both color changes and I was looking for it to happen!

And as for the "strange, silly little thing, that you'll never use", now that's what I call magic.

Mike
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2005-10-24 19:54, edh wrote:
Christopher, I tried your link but got nothing. It would just keep on buffering???

edh

EDH,

I had the same buffering problem that you did. Perhaps the file is 1000+ meg large and it is loading it in bite size chunks. (grin)

Please let me know if you are finally able to view this file. I'm very interested in also seeing it. Thanks.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4454 Posts

Thanks Roldero, that is a vanish of a card I created, with my Hand washig sequence. I have been doing it for a bout 4 years now, and I have shown and impressed many magicians with it, and it will be taught in my new book coming out soon
You can see a full video clip of the vanishes at my website http://www.magicman13.co.uk

The site is still being worked on, there are so many ideas for it its un true. The quality isn't the best, but my web master wanted to know if he could put up films recorded by phone, so that's what we did, I will put up a better video soon. And the handwiping sequence on there as well, as I have revised that as well
www.magicman13.co.uk

jayp
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of jayp
The video also kept buffering for me, but I managed to view it, you just have to leave it for 5 minutes. Very good as always Chris, everyone keep an eye out for his book, lots of cool things in there.
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Finally viewed it. Very good.
Magic is a vanishing art.
LostSoul
View Profile
Regular user
Dave
148 Posts

Profile of LostSoul
Great video, I liked the vanish at the end! The seamless on your website is great too! (That one took a long time to load.)

I had no problem with the putfile video, it did take a while to load.

Dave
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Color change (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL