The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Ted Lesley's New DVDs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jeff S.
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Jeff S.
I know I'll be getting these in a matter of time. I'd like to hear what anybody has to say about it until then.
psychic
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of psychic
These are marvellous—get it! The effect teleportation in my opinion is worth every penny in the DVDs. You will also see and learn Ted's signature effect Bending Wine Glass—awesome.

Every other effect is also good. More importantly, you will also learn the presentational aspects that is so well thought of and choreographed that presented well, the impact is unbelievable.

And I am only honest...highly recommended.

Smile
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1804 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Doesn't Lesley teach Bending Wine Glass?
HuronLow
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of HuronLow
What's the DVD called?
The T&R Project.
A revolutionary take on the Torn & Restored card.

Available now at www.HuronLow.com
psychic
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of psychic
They are called Ted Lesley Cabaret DVD Set. Yes the Amazing Wine Glass effect is found on Volume 1-Cabaret Mindreading. If you have his book, Paramiracles also explains the entire methodology and routining.

You are recommended to check them out from his site at: http://www.wonderworkshop.de

I trust that you can't go wrong with both!
Jeff S.
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Jeff S.
Thanks for the response psychic. I can't wait.
Pharaoh
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of Pharaoh
What would be the better investment, the DVD or book?
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of 1908
I am very satisfied with the TL DVDs, but if you have to choose between the DVDs and the book, I think the better investment is the book. A lot of great ideas.
Don't wait for the perfect moment...Take a moment and make it perfect!!!
sokarnl
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of sokarnl
The DVD has a lot of items which are in his book, but some of them are "upgraded". Some of them are not in his book and are really worth checking out. You can also see this master at work and see how it plays with the audience. Some people would disagree about the performance, but you have to see through the language barrier to know what I mean.

So, if you are serious about mentalism and comfortable with this parlour style mentalism, I would advise you to get both. But you get more for your money with the book, as it is full of real working material.
Gary
View Profile
Veteran user
Market Harborough, UK
367 Posts

Profile of Gary
Ted is a great showman and the DVD set is worth it just to see him perform (bearing in mind it is a small studio audience).

It's also worth shopping around as some dealers are selling both DVDs at a very good price. I think I paid $54.00 for the set.

As for Paramiracles, this is a must have publication. So many great ideas and insights with much potential for other routines and I keep seeing something else each time I revisit the book.

Think of the DVDs as complementing the book.
"I can see clearly now, the brain has gone"
- Anon
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2003-02-20 02:15, sokarnl wrote (in part):
"...Some people would disagree about the performance, but you have to see through the language barrier to know what I mean..."

Are these DVDs in German and no subtitles (so that you would be essentially only having a performance only DVD—even if there were "explanations") or are the DVDs also in English, albeit with a heavy accent?

I don't mind "seeing through the language barrier" so long as the barrier can reasonably be see through.

Also, is it necessary (or HIGHLY recommended) that the book also be purchased in order to "get through" the DVDs? I understand that the books are highly recommended in their own right but I'm concerned that the DVDs can only be easily appreciated with "English sub-texts" via the book.

Comments would be appreciated in that I highly respect Ted Lesley and his work but I don't want to become unduly frustrated in trying to understand an effect, particularly the psychology and verbal misdirection that might escape one from just a viewing of the DVDs if there is a language barrier.

Thanks for the information.

Turk
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
sokarnl
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of sokarnl
Sorry for misunderstandig me, I would not like to say anything bad about this DVD. With language barrier, I mean his own language barrier. His English is good, but because it is not his mother-language you (or the spectator) can miss some of his nuances. The show would be much better if he would speak in German.

So the tapes are in English and you will understand everything.

The book is highly recommended, but needed for the DVDs.

Again I apologize for my own language barrier.
magicproshop
View Profile
New user
MagicProShop
46 Posts

Profile of magicproshop
The content on Ted Lesley's two volume DVDs is excellent. The mind reading volume is very good. His performance needs to be spiced up a little bit in my opinion, but the content is superb.

You can view a video demo of the DVDs.
Peter Whiteman
www.MagicProShop.com
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
Ted Lesley is a soft spoken genius. Bending Wine Glasses is a fantastic way to close any stand up show. Get his stuff! Smile
Robert Black
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of Robert Black
I have Cabaret Mindreading, outstanding!! is all can say. Awesome rountines, no "moves," much is done in the spectator's hands and the secrets are more mindblowing than the routines. Simplicity itself, the ideas derived from this information repay 10 fold!
"Creativity is the sudden cessation of stupidity." -- Dr. Edwin. Land
merlin1979
View Profile
Veteran user
Bottling the impossible
334 Posts

Profile of merlin1979
Does anybody know if these DVDs are at all suited to close-up work?

Merlin
First do no harm...

http://www.impossibottle.co.uk
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1804 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
I have these DVDs now days and some of the work could be used in close-up.

For me these tapes were a BIG, and I mean BIG, disappointment. Lesley isn´t a very good performer on the tapes, in my opinion, but that is understandably so because his English is not very good and it is not his first language. Also what bothered me was his sometimes very poor technique. Just look at that riffle force. ARRRGGGGG!!!

Also, routining in some tricks is really weird. Switching deck of cards twice and thinking that laymen don´t care about it. Maybe not in Germany, but elsewhere...

There are also good tricks on these tapes. Already mentioned, teleportation is worth the price of these tapes and there is also some great work with Lesley marked deck and Breather Crimp.

Still these were disapointment for me, because I expected so much.
Nir Dahan
View Profile
Inner circle
Munich, Germany
1390 Posts

Profile of Nir Dahan
For me they were also a disappointment. Ted has some great ideas, he is very creative and also a nice man—at least the impression I get from the forum, he will always answer your questions—but I think the performance in those tapes was not of the highest caliber. I never saw him before and expected a lot, knowing his ideas.

There are some things in those tapes that shouldn't be done. The riffle force was mentioned already but he also turns his back to the audience while making the center tear!

For me those tapes helped by provoking ideas, and there are many good ones there. I also strongly recommend his book. He has some really interesting ideas regarding cards (if you only seek card magic, which I don't).

All in all the tapes are not THAT bad. I give them a 6 out of 10. (Most tapes give 2-4 out of 10.) Smile

N
Xavier
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
209 Posts

Profile of Xavier
Hey Guys,

His Bending Wine Glassses sound amazing! Can anyone give more info. Has anyone added this to their act?
snilsson
View Profile
Regular user
Stockholm, Sweden
186 Posts

Profile of snilsson
Hi Xavier!

You probably will be very amazed when you read the secret. I don't know of anyone who have added this to their act. I hope this answers your question.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Ted Lesley's New DVDs (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL