The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Haunted Mansion Webcam (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
To those interested. I've added a webcam to an annual halloween attraction I build each year. Here you can see live people interact with ghosts.

http://70.30.222.190

Best,

Tim
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17586 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Very cool! looks really good. Where is this at?
Thanks
Dave
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Its part of the Shriners Haunted Mansion in London Ontario Canada. Its an annual fundraiser I run each year. You can read more about it in this months Linking Ring.

Best,

Tim

The webcam will be left running but you will only see live people in the scene during open hrs.
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Great job Tim! I know you work hard on the event and have for some years. You've mentioned the number of volunteers and some paid who help you pull off the annual event. I've also seen some freak photos taken at the site and it's nice!

Eventhough I spend zero hours there, the Bizzare forum has mentioned you and the event several times. The cam will be great but would be nice to visit and experience the display in person.

Thanks for the message and cam link.

Great work! I gotta strange feeling this will be Scarry Disney for years to come.
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
BRAVO! Very nice indeed!
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Thanks for the nice comments. Its a lot of work but also a lot of fun watching people go through the Mansion. Its always a pleasure to give fellow magicians "behind the scenes" tours. They're the most appreciative of the rubberbands and duct tape solutions that keep the illusions looking so pro.

They also have lots of cool ways to improve the attractions. I've got one of those "bottomless well" illusions full of spiders and it looks like you can see thousands of spiders. People lean over the well to get a good look at the illusion and one day recently the attraction was being monitered by magician and friend " The Amazing Corbin". He decided it'd be funny to toss a little plastic spider onto the top layer of glass that people are bent over looking into. Just after they've decided the illusion looks real but the spiders aren't moving...the spider sliding under their noses really freaks them out.

Best,

Tim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Haunted Mansion Webcam (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL