The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Bob Little Super Sunday Nov 20th (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
inidyls
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
315 Posts

Profile of inidyls
You guys crack me up, I never said it doesn't take hard work or Bob isn't a nice guy. So please don't put words in my mouth.
And Dennis please don't insult my intelligence and say there is no politics involved with super sunday or any other convention. I received 7 pm's on this post on either the politics or the convention going down hill.
And Dennis, Your comment about If I don't like Bob Little's I won't be missed, this also works the other way that's why the attendance is getting lower and lower every year, and if you can't see that your blind. Bob doesn't pack them in like he used too.
Again I love Bob like the next guy, he helped me out in numerous ways, but the truth is the truth. And I also told him my dislikes about the show And with my likes.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Inidyls, Please enlighten me on the Politics, I must say I am naive on this. If you don't want to post it please PM me.

My comment about not attending was not directed at you, it applies to any convention. Quite simply, if one is not having a good time, then why does one go? If it has been going down hill, then why bother going? Most of the time, the attendees do not really know who is going to be the lecturer or in the show.

This was my first convention since Bob moved from the Hatboro area, and I don't see a decline in the numbers. Most of the seats were full, the room was longer, most of my friends that I see at every one of these conventions were there. Yes, I was asked why I missed the others and I missed because of other committments.

At any convention, based on the time of the year a 10% increase or decline in attendance is not an indication of success or failure.

A fact is every convention, there are likes and dislikes. If I wanted to, I could say since there was no children magic presented and I am not a finger flicker, I could look at this convention from that stand point and say it doesn't meet my needs.

The truth is on perspective, from my perspective, I had a blast, I spent about $120, and had lots of discussions on children magic, cool new magic, and mingled with lots of friends.

It would be a sad day, if Bob said, "I'm not going to run anymore conventions." So many would miss them.

I'm not one for personal attacks, and if you took it that way, I apoligize. What I do see is a difference in how one views this convention. It's the same with books, routines, show types, etc.

Dennis
Dennis Michael
ryansmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Reading, PA
147 Posts

Profile of ryansmagic
Quote:
On 2005-11-22 23:44, nums wrote:

My suggestion to you Inidyls, Start up your own and GOOD LUCK

NUMS

I did not go to this convention, I am just reading this thread and laughing....
that's a good quote. It's like saying I bought a car and did not like it, so maybe I should just try to make one myself and see if it is better.

Relax if Inidyls has a comment about how HE thinks the convention went who cares its his opinion, and you know what they say about opinion's......
Ryan Parsons
[email]ryanparsons@comcast.net[/email]
http://www.magicformiracles.com
MattWayne
View Profile
Special user
Manhattan, NY | Studio City, CA
624 Posts

Profile of MattWayne
People have been saying that there is politics in setting up conventions- how about politics in this post and topic?

Wow gang- common now. He said she said. Playing a game of cat and mouse...

Personally I'd go as far to say that the way this topic has gone really nags at me and it's rather feeble of some on here to throw remarks out like they have been. Bob is a great guy. Older than he used to be- it happens. He didn't have to have this convention again. He doesn't have to continue it. Good friends tell me that
it won't continue much longer.

And the comments about Mike Miller- ha, gang there couldn't be a nicer guy out there! I thought that pointing fingers was rather looked down upon and considered childish. Yes? No? It's not his fault he has the budget that he does. And speaking as a performer that has been paid by him before- heck I was happy.

I was happy just to be there. I only went to see friends and meet some new ones. Where else can you find Den and Kyle Peron in the same room?!!

If this is the way adults act wow then I'd rather be ten again. Disappointing...

best regards (as always),
Matt Tomasko
Matt Wayne
The Celebrity Magician™
www.CelebrityMagician.com / youtube.com/celebritymagician / twitter.com/RealMattWayne /
Facebook.com/CelebrityMagician

Creator of, 'Got a Light?' and others.
Spokesperson behind, TouchTricks
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5035 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Well let's see. For $30, you make one trip to see 9 dealers, have a snack, participate in a 3 hour auction, see old friends and meet new ones and watch a 2-3 hour show. This year we even got an added benefit of a close up forum. That sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Like Matt, speaking as a previous performer, I have no complaints. There aren't many of these one day conventions around any more and we really should enjoy as much as we can while we can.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Bob Little Super Sunday Nov 20th (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL