The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » The Acrobat Family (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Small-hands Luke
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Small-hands Luke
Just going through Card College 1 and I came across this simple, but I think effective, trick. I've added some convincers but I'm still stuck on one bit and I'm not sure how I should handle it. I hope this isn't considered exposure. If so, please edit with my apologies and anyone who knows how the trick works please PM me instead. Ok, with that out of the way...

Everything is good up until the "King". I'm not sure how much to make of the "King" going in face down into the face up cards. On the one hand, you can't exactly avoid the fact that the "King" flips over as it comes to the top. On the other hand, because of what happens next with the Ace, you want the spectators to forget that you put a card in backwards relative to the rest of the deck, so you can't make too big a deal out of it.

Giobbi's patter seems to do a good job of this as it has lots of "twisting" and "flipping" going on throughout so it all kind of blends together. Unfortunately, this story-telling style doesn't fit my personality so I've had to change it. It's now my "I-can't-control-the-cards" trick, so I'd need something that would fit into that kind of a presentation.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them. Thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » The Acrobat Family (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL