The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » New... looking for opinions on a few tricks... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JohnCressman
View Profile
Special user
Allentown, PA
903 Posts

Profile of JohnCressman
Being fairly new to doing kid's magic, I'd like to add some larger illusions to my show. But, being new, I'd like the opinion of you more experienced magicians on a few tricks I've come across. Keep in mind, price is still an issue since I'm just starting.

1) Sketchpad - there seems to be two - a manual one and a original flavor - both seem to do similiar things but the manual one seems more limited on the type of face you can draw. This seems like it would go over really well with the kids I'll be performing for. Any experiences, hints, suggestions of which one to get and which is the best quality for the price?

2) Chair Suspension - there seem to be a few versions out there, from about $300 or so to over $500. Any suggestions on which is the best bang for the buck?

3) Buckethead - this seems like it would be a great illusion to add to my shows. Any experiences with this?

Or... anything else you'd recommend?

Thanks!
Foucault
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey, USA
424 Posts

Profile of Foucault
John - you might get a better response to your question by asking in the "Little Darlings" forum, which is for magic for children.
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
For kids, rather than a chair suspension I would go for a Grant's "Flying Carpet" which not only is easy to lug around BUT there are some very funny bits you can do in it too.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Be sure to do a search on Buckethead.
Bob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » New... looking for opinions on a few tricks... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL