The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Help me decide between 2 different bunny buckets! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
bry1513
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of bry1513
I'm struggling with the decision on which bunny bucket I should buy. Here are my two choices:

http://www.houseofenchantment.com/pages/duckbucket.html

http://www.magiclegends.com/davidcopperfieldmagic.html

Quite a big price difference plus, would there be a drawback of the Mak bucket because of its color?....because maybe people would be more suspicious of it? I'm going to purchase one next week and I have been going back and forth on this in my mind for a couple months now. Please help!

Take care,

Bryan
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
Spend the extra dough and go with the House of Enchantment Bucket!

Jay does Very Nice Work, and you will not be dissapointed!

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

www.FrankThurstonMagic.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Magic-of-Frank-Thurston/116625117910?ref=nf
magicleland
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of magicleland
I strongly disigree I love my MAK bucket. Plus the audience likes the look of the MAK bucket. I've had several more people comment me on the bucket than the animal it's self! Get the MAK. You'll not be disipointed.
zig zag illusion - $3,000
theater rental - $500
geting advice from othe magicians on the cafe - priceless
bry1513
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of bry1513
Sorry - what I meant to ask was does the red bucket by Jay look more gimmicked to people than the mak?

Thanks

Bryan
magicguy67
View Profile
Loyal user
mEL.fLORIDA
287 Posts

Profile of magicguy67
The other one does look more gimmicked.
they thought it was impossible until they met me.

theres no reality in magic

did the magician come before the assistant or the other way around.
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
Explain to me exactly HOW does it look more Gimmicked???

Because it is a better looking Bucket?

Because it is a color and not just wood?

There are NO VISIBLE Gimmicks that ANY layperson can see, so I don't understand how one can say that it looks more Gimmicked?

Sorry guys, but I still think that Jay's Bucket is the Better one!

This is, (of course), MY opinion which is what was asked for in this topic.

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

bry1513
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of bry1513
Frank, no need to have a heart attack here,....i just wanted peoples opinions if they thought one bucket looket more gimmicked than the other......simple question. Is this why people get discouraged in asking questions on here?....lol

Take care,

Bryan
WayneNZ
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1013 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
I like the old wooden looking bucket.
Daytona used to make a nice version,
check with Them if They still make it.
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1378 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
I think that a natural wood bucket is nicer. The fancy painted one looks like a magic trick. Audience is thinking: "C'mon, no one would put water in a painted bucket. Must have been made just for magic. Must be a trick." That is why most metamorphosis trunks are just old crummy looking packing crates instead of fancy velvety painted things. Looks more like something real and not a prop.

I use a Chalet bucket to produce a white Maltese dog and it is absolutely amazing. It is natural wood and really nice. However, you will be surprised how many lay people still find something "unusual" about the inside of the bucket. They actually suspect a m*****. (That is how a lot of lay people think we do all the magic anyway.)

The bucket reflects light like a beacon and you can see it in the "actual inside photos" of the bucket on the house of enchantment site. See how it seems "oddly illuminated" in the middle of the bucket? Do you see triangles of light where none should be? Uh huh. Yep.

So the moral of this story is: You really have to check out your lighting before the show and be careful how you hold the bucket when you show it empty!! My bucket has always looked fine to me from my vantage point, but from the rehearsal videos I can see a weird "too bright" place inside my bucket. All of the buckets are this way. Just so you know.

Another moral to the story: Only buy Mak Magic if you like a poorly made prop. Not to disrespect anyone, but I worked in a magic shop for years and saw the problems. I could not see the name brand in the picture, but someone else said they like their Mak bucket.

Check out the breathing space in whatever bucket you get. You may need to make some hidden airholes! My bucket was pretty tight and I made extra holes. A smothered bunny is not too entertaining Smile Happy magic!
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
Crispy
View Profile
Loyal user
Louisville, KY
207 Posts

Profile of Crispy
I actually won a Mak bucket in a raffle (They did not announce the prize before hand)and I later sold it. My opinion about Mak are the same as MorningStar's. However, compared to other Mak Magic, the bucket seemed fine and sturdy. I would say it is "serviceable." The bottom of the bucket is simply black with a design reflected on each half. I wouldn't say that this adds to the deception. However, the walls of the bucket are natural finish and hide the ****** quite well. The walls of the Mak hide the gimmick more so than the other versions,in my opinion. However, I can't say much for the bottom of the inside of the bucket on the Mak

The Chalet bucket is brilliant. However, it appears that they no longer make it (it's not on their list of products on their website). Just out of curiousity, why have you chosen the bunny bucket as opposed to a different rabbit production? Is it for a particular routine (like a reproduction combined with a vanish?) I use a Sheppard Bunny in Balloon and have always gotten a great response out of it. For a small prop it can hold a large rabbit too!

Cris
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
Quote:
On 2005-10-28 12:33, bry1513 wrote:
Frank, no need to have a heart attack here,....i just wanted peoples opinions if they thought one bucket looket more gimmicked than the other......simple question. Is this why people get discouraged in asking questions on here?....lol

Take care,

Bryan

I'm not havin' a Heart Attack, it just perplexes me that someone can say that something that a Lay person cannot see, ( i.e. the m*****), looks gimmicked!

Only WE as Magicians even know that it is there!

That's all I was trying to get accross.

=Frank=

Frank Thurston

magicmanila
View Profile
New user
Washington DC
88 Posts

Profile of magicmanila
Have you guys seen the 21st Century Duck Bucket?

http://www.xrillusions.com/animal-magic-products.htm
PERFORM MAGIC AND NOT "PUZZLES" so the audience wont try to "figure out how its done".

KEEP THE MAGIC ALIVE!!!
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
Looks interesting, however I can't seem to find any details on it at the web site.

Frank Thurston

g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
I might be wrong but do a search for XRILLUSION, I think they ripped some people off.

The best duck bucket on the market is found here:
http://home.att.net/~harlinmagic/harlin.htm

Dave Harlin custom makes them and he sends pictures so you can measure your animal.

G0THIKE
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1653 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Quote:
On 2005-10-27 13:46, magicmanfrank wrote:
Spend the extra dough and go with the House of Enchantment Bucket!

Jay does Very Nice Work, and you will not be dissapointed!

=Frank=

I quite agree whit you Frank.
How many people ever seen a real wooden bucket?They wont even notice.
House of Enchantment (Jay Leslie) makes great props.
I'll bet his bucket is better made and much lighter.
Spend the extra and you'll enjoy the difference in quality.
Richard Lyn
Eric Buss
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of Eric Buss
Only magicians can argue over buckets... that's funny.

If you get the red one, some people will say, "nice looking prop... this guy is a pro." and some people will say, "that looks like a bucket a magician would have, hmmm, maybe it's tricky..."

If you get the wooden bucket, some people will say "wow, how did he pull that animal from a regular ole bucket like that?" and some people will say, "what a junky looking wooden bucket... this guy can't be very good"

So, I guess it comes down to, "It doesn't matter!"

Little do we know, Bry1513 already bought a bucket, and hasn't checked this thread in days...
bry1513
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of bry1513
Ive checked this thread everyday, thank you. Now that GOTHIKE has thrown this other bucket into the mix, I'm even more confused than before I started. I like both Jay's bucket and the one from Harlin Magic......and I have $400 burning a hole in my pocket..........

Take care,

Bryan
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Bryan,

Harlin can custom make the bucket for you, if you notice the pictures from his site, his bucket has the drop down feature. I don't think Jay Leslie does, Harlin's bucket is wood color, Jays is red. Just visual compare them, contact both of them and see which one will work for you.

Email Harlin or call him, he will send you a diagram on how to measure your bunny for the bucket. I really have no idea what size bunny you have, personally I use my bucket to appear an adult chicken and I love it.

G0THIKE
magicmanila
View Profile
New user
Washington DC
88 Posts

Profile of magicmanila
Quote:
On 2005-11-07 16:38, g0thike wrote:
I might be wrong but do a search for XRILLUSION, I think they ripped some people off.

G0THIKE

REALLY?!! sorry I didn't know? I like the pine bucket of harlin.
PERFORM MAGIC AND NOT "PUZZLES" so the audience wont try to "figure out how its done".

KEEP THE MAGIC ALIVE!!!
magicmanila
View Profile
New user
Washington DC
88 Posts

Profile of magicmanila
I just read the posts about XR Illusion and man is this guy BAD!!! don't EVER DEAL WITH THIS PERSON!!! Thank you for the info GOTHIKE. and I apologize for promoting him.

KEEP THE MAGIC ALIVE!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Help me decide between 2 different bunny buckets! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL