The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Help with the classic palm (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MOTO42
View Profile
Loyal user
Whitehouse Texas
225 Posts

Profile of MOTO42
For those who don't know how to do this you can go to http://www.coinvanish.com/ and look in the "foundations" section. Cool site that.
I went to the site and found out why I couldn't use my hands much when palming. My technique was way off. So I start doing it the right way and get instant results from my right hand. Then I tried my left, it sounded something like this.
*clink**thunk* "dangit" *clink roll roll roll* *moves the couch to retrieve the coin* *clink*tink*thunk*<mild cursing>
This went on for about six minutes.
I've tryed drying my hands, moistening my hands. I've considered duct-tape but that would be cheating.
Any advice on getting my left hand to shape up and do it's job?
Smile Smile Smile
"One man's miracle is another man's warm-up"
CardSharp
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
105 Posts

Profile of CardSharp
I too have never been able to palm a coin very well, without my hand looking all distorted. I have come to the conclusion that my hands are to thin, thats right I have skinny hands. I think you must have to have chubby hands to grip the coin. But I have found ways around my "disability" and have come up with a different palm of my own. I also came up with a good coin production to go with it. If you think you will have to resort to MY palm just PM me.

Anyway for all I know I could be doing the classic palm all wrong just as you also had been. Smile
MOTO42
View Profile
Loyal user
Whitehouse Texas
225 Posts

Profile of MOTO42
I've made another mistake, before I went off half-cocked and complained, I should have tried a smaller coin. The left hand no longer complains now that I gave it a quarter instead of a half-dollar.

"Learn from my mistakes kids, somebody should" -Red Green.

On a lighter, unrelated, note, these guys will dance to anything!
:banana: Smile Smile Smile
r4bid
View Profile
Veteran user
386 Posts

Profile of r4bid
You have to give it time, palming takes muscles that your left hand may not have developed yet.
Magicbarry
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
276 Posts

Profile of Magicbarry
Quote:
On 2002-11-06 18:29, CardSharp wrote:
I too have never been able to palm a coin very well, without my hand looking all distorted. I have come to the conclusion that my hands are to thin, thats right I have skinny hands. I think you must have to have chubby hands to grip the coin.

Skinny hands shouldn't be a problem for the classic palm. My hands are also very thin, but I classic palm. In fact, it's the finger palm that gives me trouble because there is space between my fingers where the coin is held, so I have to watch my angles. (Even with this handicap, I'm able to finger palm without being detected.)

When your learning to classic palm, your hand will look very unnatural. It takes time for you to get to the point where it looks natural. Just keep at it -- and carry a coin in a classic palm all day long. Eventually your claw will begin to look like a hand, and putting a coin in a classic palm will be as easy as breathing.
CardSharp
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
105 Posts

Profile of CardSharp
If you still have trouble MOTO you could use more of RED Green's advice try Duct Tape rememer "Spare the duct tape, spoil the job"-Red Green Smile

Click here to view attached image.
rvigon
View Profile
Loyal user
uk
266 Posts

Profile of rvigon
r u right handed if yes then of cource it will be easer for you to palm with your right hand if you want to do it to with your left you need to practise practise and emmmmm o yea practise

well good luck and rember when your hurting uve almost got it lol [expessially with the mucle pass lol] Smile
"No brilliance is required in magic, just determination and relatively clean fingernails."
MOTO42
View Profile
Loyal user
Whitehouse Texas
225 Posts

Profile of MOTO42
I've been keeping a half dollar palmed almost all day today, switching hands occasionaly. I't the easiest thing in the world to practice.
As for the muscle pass, I think I'll wait a while on that one... Seems to be a VERY advanced manipulation. That and I prefer to keep the flesh of my palm attatched to my hand for now.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Help with the classic palm (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL